Yet another honda added to the stable. Pix of my new rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The sound of the motor. Seriously.

This car has 2 seats, a steering wheel, and pedals, a shifter, and an e-brake in it. That is all. 100% function.

I suppose if I go road trippin in it, I'll bring an iPod or something.

Take the rear bumper off and get a propane torch, heat up that right corner and pop it out. I've watched my uncle do exactly that...but he's a bodyman.

Little interior cleanup action. Decided to go without a dash for a while. Its just weight and looks, does nothing for the car itself.

But, the gloss white paint on the firewall / dash area was glaring really bad onto the windshield, so much that it was difficult to see through it at times. So, I masked off the dash area, A pillers, and upper windshield brace and shot it all flat black. Didn't remove any factory fittings or welded in brackets so it isn't as clean as it could be, but if and when I decide to go with a dash, its all there.

Slapped on a nice new grant leather steering wheel, refitted the momo pedals, bolted up the new "spoon" mirrors (weight savings.. Stock mirror assembly: 2lb 8oz. "Spoon" mirror: 8oz. Cut 4 pounds total from the car with mirrors alone.) removed the headliner, and rear upper interior panels and door panels (before these pics). The car lost 24 more pounds today.

BEFORE:
attachment.php

More before, notice the dash area glaring horribly off of the windshield!
attachment.php

AFTER: Notice the significant reduction in glare.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Showing off the new wheel, pedals, and pimptastical keychain.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 427
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 498
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 508
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 483
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 497
Going to do a custom cluster I think. Going to look into it and see how much of a pain in the ass the speedo is going to be.

Who knows. I like those digital ones, except a digital tach would make me want to stab my eyeballs out with a screwdriver. Never been much into them.

Last edited:
dude fuckin sweet rex! is there anything you'd like custom made in carbon fiber? i've been trying to find a small object to make out of my remaining sheet... so lemme know if i can do anything to contribute.. also i have a skunk2 shift knob if you're interested

I'll take a carbon body shell. Thanks!

Sk2 knob is tempting but I blew my play money on the wheel and mirrors. Will have to wait a bit on it, or sell something out of my failure of a sell thread.

2 Gauge, it was already in the car, and sufficient. The battery was sitting in the spare tire well with the wires hooked up, shitty ground, no hold downs, no breaker or fuse, and no wire loom. It was just biting at the bit to burn the car to the ground.

Before:
attachment.php

Relocated it out of the way, anchored it with 2 1200lb D rings and grade 8 hardware. Installed a battery hold down, didn't look buff enough so I doubled it up. Wire is run through a 120 amp breaker mounted just behind the battery. It is now grounded with dual 2 gauge grounds, one to the shock tower, one to the rear bumper bolt. Wire is inside corrogated tubing and zipped up with the factory wiring harness.

After:
attachment.php

Going to go with a different hold down sooner or later.
https://hondaswap.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11450&stc=1&d=1246122431

Attachments

• battery2.jpg
    battery2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 483
  • Battery1.jpg
    Battery1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 455
Very nice, super clean and light as a feather. Now all you have to do is add a t3t4 and fly, j/k, would be nice tho.

wow. nice progress for only a couple months. cant wait to see some pics of that thing with a dash and a motor swap. :D

also, would you be willing to fab another "antenna block off" and dish it off for the right price? kinda liked that.

Hey, thanks a lot man. That information was very helpful. Also, do not worry about the dash, I am doing the same thing to my Civic. The reason being is that I cut an entire connector doing my MPFI swap because I was following really bad advice from a write up. I am now doing a wire tuck then installing the dash. Sorry about jibber jabbering about my project, I just mean that in due time your dash will come together and it will feel great! Take care.

i have traced wires and changed ecu but cant get my v tec to work on my b16a2 sir ii can i cross out my v tec selinoid to get it to work with out the ecu?

i have traced wires and changed ecu but cant get my v tec to work on my b16a2 sir ii can i cross out my v tec selinoid to get it to work with out the ecu?

Step 1: Use the search engine.
Step 2: If you still can't figure it out, start your own thread about it. Don't post in here.

You can make a VTEC switch. I am not sure how to do it, but I know there are a few write-ups on it.

please dont ever advise people to do this...EVER. if it isnt factory its not done right. you cant get anymore ghetto when it comes to rice than making your own vtack.:bash:

Back