2l B16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16: sleeve it, bore it to 84mm, get a 89mm stroker it from crower.
b18: bore it to 84mm... you should sleeve it, but it is really only becomes a need if you're runnin' crazy high compression or are going to boost it.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jan 17 2003, 01:50 AM
b16: sleeve it, bore it to 84mm, get a 89mm stroker it from crower.
b18: bore it to 84mm... you should sleeve it, but it is really only becomes a need if you're runnin' crazy high compression or are going to boost it.

You can't stroke the B16 to 89mm without adding about a centimeter of deck height... and when you're done paying for that, you might as well have bought the 2.0L engine.

Boring the B18A/B to 84mm will leave you with some pretty thin cylinder walls...

you sure 'bout the extra deck height?

and yeah, they would be thin... that's why i said that you should sleeve it. but the bored sleeves would hold for a mild n/a app.

Yes, I'm sure about the extra deck height. You'd be going from a 77mm stroke to 89mm, and that's just 12mm that there isn't clearance for in the B16A block. The B18A/B/C and B16B all use a taller block than the B16A, so there's room for the extra stroke. Boring the B16A out to 84mm or more won't even get you to 2.0L, so you need to stroke it, and then deck it so you don't ram your pistons into your head.

An LS bored to 84mm would probably hold under a mild NA application, but I really wouldn't recommend it. Now taking it from 81mm to 82mm or 82.5mm, that's another matter. 84mm is really pushing it without a resleeve.

Back