2nd job or roomate?

WWHSD?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
have 92civicb18b1 move in with you. Wasn't he looking for a reason to leave where he was? That would solve two problems. He would have a place to live, you would have extra cash. The downside is you might get pregnant. Hey its just a suggestion.

lol

i dont think i could take all the bad luck that kid brings... lol

Yeah I figured I would offer it up though as every other suggestion has pretty much been said. One last one for you. Are you any good at pool? if you could hustle on the side you might be able to earn some cash. Don't laugh a buddy of mine bought his wife's engagement ring with the cash he hustled off of old guys at a golf course.

this is a shot in the dark... but maybe sell the sti. It is a nice car but not worth what you pay a month. Or stick it out for the rest of the year and refinance it. If you are that set on keeping it. maybe you might think about selling the condo :ph34r: you cant sell it for a loss though. You have to do something and it has to be done quickly. Waiting tables is good but after a while of doing it you will ge tired of those sleepless nights. Plus your job makes you work whenever so it will be hard to keep a second job not knowing 100% that you have off at a particular time. A roomate would be a good thing but it would only work if it was a good friend. Then you have to worry about trust issues, food problems, unknown guests over. It just doesnt seem practucal to me to do that. But everyone keeps saying sell the sti, then you have to find a buyer, or if it is at a dealership then they will notice the repairs and not give you as much and it would be a loss for you again.

Brian-
you can do it and keep the sti. its all working around the edges and working the the shit hole of a time . some times you need to cut off things you think you really need. cut the cable cut the cell cut any thing not a neccessity , at home you only need to eat sleep shit , and enjoy ! this is hard to do being you are a single white male (computer nerd) such as my self, which is why i married my whinney leech of a wife ! Im currently cancelling out all debt. credit cards. cell phone, lifetime fitness (once i lose 40 more pounds lol) and my other misc debt. My evo is 530 a month , insurance is 159 a month+life=180. food 250 a month for me and wife. gas is 250 a month. with just those im sitting around around 1200 with no home no morgage , no utilities. me and wife make 2900 a month. you make close to what we make together lol. I wish i made that much on my own . Im a loser !
Im going to be doing home appraisals for a side income soon which will be 300 a pop so if i can even do 3 a month will clear me enough to get my house and keep my evo this fall! yay !

hoping to land 3 appraisals a month to make your mortgage payment isn't a good way to life...

B, ask yourself this... do you own the things you have? or do they own you?

As far as a Roommate, imagine having me as a roommate. Normal on the outside, ... well, you know... on the inside.

Think about that.

Quoted post[/post]]
Are you any good at pool?

getting better. i have about 30% average right now in the league
it sounds really bad, but i average 2 wins out of 5 matches a week.
but these are league players.... most are much better than the schmoe you see half drunk at the bar.

the problem with this is that i'm not that GREAT, and theres a good chance to loose my money as well, which is counter productive.

i've come a long way since last session though. i was a 1 handicap (expected to win 1/5 matches), i'm now a 2, and my average is getting close to 3 territory because fuckers keep forfeitting on me (so my 2 wins becomes 2/4 instead of 2/5, thus making my average go way up, even thought i'm not really winning the matches -- like when they scratch on the 8)

Quoted post[/post]]
this is a shot in the dark... but maybe sell the sti.

shot in the dark? lol did you read this thread?

Or stick it out for the rest of the year and refinance

re-finace to what? i have 2.9% interest. i'm not going to beat that anywhere.

maybe you might think about selling the condo

this is the worst advice ever. the home is the absolute last thing i will sell. i'll sell all my boxers on ebay before i sell my house.

from this point forward, all financial advice you give is going out the other ear. lol

But everyone keeps saying sell the sti, then you have to find a buyer, or if it is at a dealership then they will notice the repairs and not give you as much and it would be a loss for you again.

unless i tell them, they won't know. they did a real good job fixing it. i can't even tell, and i know where most of the problem areas were. i'm sure its on carfax though. and i would fully intend to make my buyer aware of such things.

Quoted post[/post]]
cut the cable
its 10 bucks a month...
if i cancel it, my cable internet goes up 10 bucks a month cuz its not a package deal anymore.
so technically, its free.
and with my job, theres no way i'm killing my internet.
3 or 4 days with out the net and i'm ready to hang myself... lol

cut the cell
i dont have a house phone... gotta have something. cell > land line.

which is why i married my whinney leech of a wife !

god help me.

Im currently cancelling out all debt. credit cards. cell phone, lifetime fitness (once i lose 40 more pounds lol) and my other misc debt. My evo is 530 a month , insurance is 159 a month+life=180. food 250 a month for me and wife. gas is 250 a month. with just those im sitting around around 1200 with no home no morgage , no utilities. me and wife make 2900 a month. you make close to what we make together lol. I wish i made that much on my own . Im a loser !
Im going to be doing home appraisals for a side income soon which will be 300 a pop so if i can even do 3 a month will clear me enough to get my house and keep my evo this fall! yay !

i don't know how you can afford a house... especially for 2 incomes and supporting 2 people.
IMO, a 2 income home should net 4500 to be comfortable.
4000 is do able.
3500 is pushing it.
3000, good luck.

i have a 1100 sqft $150k condo. i'm far from living it up. your average family house is 225-250 here. newer homes, or more than 2000 sq ft, 300k on up.

well, i think moving back home wouldn't be the worst idea in the world right now. i mean, yeah, you would still be living with your parents but they dont intrude on your space ... its just somewhere to sleep at night and will save you a whole hell of a lot of money. then just wait til your REALLY ready to get your own place, when you are financially ready.

Quoted post[/post]]
hoping to land 3 appraisals a month to make your mortgage payment isn't a good way to life...

werd... and i don't know where you're coming up with 300 bucks either. my whole deal costs me 350 bucks. the boss man has to be making more off of your work than that....

B, ask yourself this... do you own the things you have? or do they own you?

i own most my things. :) only things i dont own are the car and the house. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
As far as a Roommate, imagine having me as a roommate. Normal on the outside, ... well, you know... on the inside.

Think about that.

that's why i'd do background checks and not just taking any assclown in off the street. i'd kill you after a week of arguing with you. lol

Quoted post[/post]]
well, i think moving back home wouldn't be the worst idea in the world right now. i mean, yeah, you would still be living with your parents but they dont intrude on your space ... its just somewhere to sleep at night and will save you a whole hell of a lot of money. then just wait til your REALLY ready to get your own place, when you are financially ready.

and that means i failed, and i'm out at least 20 grand from closing, listing, broker fees, etc...

selling the condo is the absolute last thing i'm doing. seriously. i'll sell steve first.

i own most my things. only things i dont own are the car and the house.
lol, unfortunately those are the only 2 things woning you as well...

QUOTE(Celerity @ Jan 24 2006, 02:30 PM)

Think about that.

that's why i'd do background checks and not just taking any assclown in off the street. i'd kill you after a week of arguing with you. lol
haha, i could just imagine that...
steve and I living together would make for a funny reality show...
maybe you could arrange that and sell rights to VH1, thats where all the crap reality shows seem to be...

selling the condo is the absolute last thing i'm doing. seriously. i'll sell steve first.
ok, let me ask you this
whats your mortgage per month?
what would your condo rent for a month?
i'm sure you see where i;m going with this...

i meant shot in the dark.. as a joke. And selling the condo, you might have to if it gets to bad, if not sell it, rent it out. Dont listen now but there may come a time that you have to suck it up and do it.

i meant shot in the dark.. as a joke. And selling the condo, you might have to if it gets to bad. Dont listen now but there may come a time that you have to suck it up and do it.
are you high again?

If you are getting at "rent out the entire condo and live at Home" idea it could work but there are a few possible issues that could arise.

1 does the condo assoc. allow this?
2 what if they damage the condo?
3 what if items need to be fixed/repaired?

These are all just what ifs but I tend to look at those closely. I will say it is an interesting idea.

very good points you mention, but the way i;m seeing it, even if he's renting it at a loss, it could still enable B to meet his monthly financial obligations while building equity in the home...

if his mortgage is 1500 a month, but he can get 1000 a month in rent, then thats only 500 out of his posket each month, resulting in saving 500 per month, which is what he needs to cut out of his budget...

if he gets a raise or gets the STI situation handled via selling or paying off, then he can reconsider moving into his own place...

Quoted post[/post]]
very good points you mention, but the way i;m seeing it, even if he's renting it at a loss, it could still enable B to meet his monthly financial obligations while building equity in the home...

if his mortgage is 1500 a month, but he can get 1000 a month in rent, then thats only 500 out of his posket each month, resulting in saving 500 per month, which is what he needs to cut out of his budget...

if he gets a raise or gets the STI situation handled via selling or paying off, then he can reconsider moving into his own place...

as posted earlier, my mortgage is 1135. the hoa fee is 150. so my mortgage is just under 1300 a month.

renting it out isn't happening until i buy a house. thats the plan at some time. keep it, have enough to get a 2nd mortgage on a new house for myself in 5 years or so.
i've got some big plans, but i just don't have time to pull them off....

Quoted post[/post]]
Oh, I'm an Assclown am I ? :)

yup. :) assclowns are fun though :p

It is my own buisness being an appraiser I am the bossman B ! - the whole 350 you payed would have been all mine ! . they charged you for gas =50 bucks most people charge 300 for appraisals unless there is no local appraisers then you pay for gas n crap. even if I do 2 a month which my brother has already got me worked in with 4 morgage brokering comanies. and 4 or 5 realties selling homes. i should get atleast 5 a month being im their only appraiser thats 9 places of buisness comming in

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Oh, I'm an Assclown am I ? :)

yup. :) assclowns are fun though :p

Yeah, that even made Sue laugh. Fun is one thing, but while I'm not a big partier, I do tend to do strange things.

If someone were to move in, you realise they don't have to tell you about any guns owned, right ? Like, they are legally protected from you taking action because they own firearms. They have to keep them legal and locked up, but if one day you find an arsenal in your spare bedroom ? They also don't have to tell you about medical afflictions, depression, or anything else along those lines. And if you find out, you may not be able to evict on that premise.

Quoted post[/post]]
have 92civicb18b1 move in with you. Wasn't he looking for a reason to leave where he was? That would solve two problems. He would have a place to live, you would have extra cash. The downside is you might get pregnant. Hey its just a suggestion.

hahahaha brilliant.

Back