AllTrac or SC300?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I had a guy at work offer me $7000 for my AllTrac. That'd be enough to get me a >95 Lexus SC300 with a five speed swap and a Supra turbo engine. But I love the AWD and the rarity of my car. Blah. I'm just going to trade it for a Metro and get it over with.

sc3 with a 2jz-gte or 3s-gte? i get them mixed up.

those cars are awesome though. my buddy has a stock sc400 and its such a nice car.

Quite honestly, I'd go with the 3S-GTE, if I wanted to do a bit of work. It's the AllTrac/ MR2 turbo engine, and has the same HP potential as the Supra six. It weighs about 1/3 less, though, and since it's shorter, will completely fit behind the front axle, which means a very low front polar moment, which means VERY snappy handling. In the JGTC Supras, they use 3S-GTE engines.

keep the all trac dude.

if you weren't in VT, i'd say other wise... but you're going to hate yourself come winter

Geo Metro
rollcage
rear/mid mounted turbo charged 1300cc Hyabusa engine

the SC300 would be pretty nasty... But I have to agree, living in NH myself, rear wheel drive is tough. Especialy high HP RWD. You'd almost definitley need a winter car.

SC300s arent that cheap...near st. louis anyways

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 10 2004, 11:49 AM
keep the all trac dude.

if you weren't in VT, i'd say other wise... but you're going to hate yourself come winter

:withstupid: at first I was thinking get the SC, but the AWD ownz.

I've heard you speak of your car, but I haven't seen it. SC300 would be pimp, but AWD>RWD every day of the muthafuckin week. In California, or Florida, or any other Southern state, I would chose the Lexus for comfort/ammenities.

Originally posted by tab@Apr 10 2004, 01:41 PM
I've heard you speak of your car, but I haven't seen it.

Click the link in my sig or come to Vermont.

if your going to do something like that, do it with an old Mini cooper.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 10 2004, 05:39 PM
if your going to do something like that, do it with an old Mini cooper.

original or new mini? cause the New mini weighs like 2600 lbs vs an old school early 90s Geo metro hatchback which weighs around 1800 some pounds.

Geo Metro TEH ULTRA UBER AWESOME SLEEPER...EVER...

Back