Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey by the way tell mac_24_, I have the crx Si ECU. and I do have a crankshaft pulley, but it's still on a b15b7 block. and I can't get it out.

Andrew, take a can of wd-40 or carburator cleaner and start squirting it on everywhere there's a seam/ junction/ gasket/ tube. You'll know when you have found the leak.

I fixed the problem. It turns out my car just needed some time alone to work things out with itself ;)
Just took it up the road and it feels great. Unfortunatly in the back of my mind I still know something is wrong with it...

Next thing on the list is compression/leakdown checks.

Last edited:
You know what Andrew, my brother pulled out his ls/v hatch yesterday and came over, I went upstairs and we chatted in my living room for a bit, and I'm listening and I'm like what's that? and he's like oh that's the civic idling, it was doing the same exact thing yours was, or so it sounded. He said it happens from time to time, but has never hurt his performance, nor has he had any problems with it.

Huh. Yeah it's not real loud, it's just a little chatter. Almost as if my cam gears were loose or something, and were slapping the head every other turn or so. Weird analogy, but...

Sorry, previous post was about the purging. As far as that other noise, I have no idea. But I guess if you check everything, and you can't find anything, and your performance hasn't been hurt, then I wouldn't worry

Nah no worries. Just got to find the time to check my damn compression and stuff. I've been running non-stop all week... gotta get everything done before I go on vacation this Saturday. Going up to Savannah, GA/Hilton Head Island, SC for a week.
I'm probably going to move up there next year after I graduate, so I'm checking out the town and the Gulfstream facility up there.

So no updates next week....

Yeah, life never seems to stop. It kinda sucks. I remember when I was little and I wanted to be 16 so I could drive, and my parents and everyone are always saying "once you hit 16, you'll start wishing you were young again, because time starts flying and only goes faster."

And damn were they right.

Aight guys I'm just checking in. I'm having some fun up here in SC/GA. Heres a few pics of where I'm staying...

Mariott Surf Watch

Heres a shot from our room:
DSCN9701.jpg

DSCN9702.jpg

Heres the beach:

DSCN9868.jpg

A shot of some other condos:

DSCN9874.jpg

Just kicking back and enjoying the 50* weather (it's a nice break from our 80*+ back in Tallahassee!)

-Andrew

You go on vacation to someplace cold? That boggles my mind.

boggle.jpg

Yeah funny eh?

If you lived down here you'd surely understand!!!

Whats the HOTTEST temp's you see up there in AK?

Heres a few more pics from the week:

My brother-in-law, aka Mac_24_seven on here(and H-T) being a pirate.
(butt pirate...)
Picture002.jpg

12-24-07SavannahandHiltonHead069.jpg

12-24-07SavannahandHiltonHead070.jpg

12-24-07SavannahandHiltonHead061.jpg

12-24-07SavannahandHiltonHead060.jpg

12-24-07SavannahandHiltonHead059.jpg

12-24-07SavannahandHiltonHead040.jpg

12-24-07SavannahandHiltonHead016.jpg

12-24-07SavannahandHiltonHead010.jpg

12-24-07SavannahandHiltonHead015.jpg

12-24-07SavannahandHiltonHead020.jpg

12-24-07SavannahandHiltonHead033.jpg

12-24-07SavannahandHiltonHead029.jpg

Last edited:
It can get in the 90s in Fairbanks. Winter can get down to -50
Once in my lifetime it got above 100F. And one other time it was below -60F
Widest temp. differential in the US. right herrr.

BTW that Vette rules.

Compression check results:

#1:
#2: 190
#3: 170
#4: 200

:thumbsdown:
I'm going to try and get a leakdown test done tomorrow or Tuesday since I'm off work. That'll show me what my next course of action is. Valve seats? Rings? time will tell.

I'm kinda bummed, but I guess it's just another one of those things...
-Andrew

Back