Another Political Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

I was bored, so I just thought I would stir up shit...
s3e3ac5c69e234.jpg

Gotta give credit to maddox.xmission.com

:lol: that is great.

Did you think I could resist reading this when it has a title like "Another Political Thread"?

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jan 31 2003, 08:04 PM
:lol: that is great.

Did you think I could resist reading this when it has a title like "Another Political Thread"?

Damn,I saw political and lsvtec and thought it was on again :lol:

Dr. Strangelove:how I learned to stop thinking and love the bomb.

Ride that missle all the way to Bahgdad :) Or however you spell that city I really don't care about.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 31 2003, 01:58 PM
Damn,I saw political and lsvtec and thought it was on again

Dr. Strangelove:how I learned to stop thinking and love the bomb.

:lol: :D :lol: :D
That is too damn funny, that is the first time Dr. Strangelove has been quoted here.

How could I resist when the title says political?

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jan 31 2003, 10:01 PM
:lol: :D :lol: :D
That is too damn funny, that is the first time Dr. Strangelove has been quoted here.

How could I resist when the title says political?

Great movie :D You can't resist political discusion,niether can I,too much fun.

you know I love political cartoons of any type but that's just ghey. The economy was on the fall from the day Clinton became a "lame duck" (and if you don't know what a lame duck is I don't know why you talking politics). Bush didn't really have much to do with the fall of the economy it had been up for so long it was time for this to happen, and let's not forget it takes months if not a full year to see the fruit of any economical changes good or bad, outside or things like 9/11 anyway.

It is not that he is responsible for the fall, but that he hasn't done shit to bring it back.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jan 31 2003, 07:13 PM
It is not that he is responsible for the fall, but that he hasn't done shit to bring it back.

once again it takes time after a major recession. Tax cuts are in being passed around in congress right now that will boost the economy. The Godzilla of them being the "double taxation" bill which would eliminate taxing of stock dividends paid out to share holders.

The tax cuts have gone to all the wrong people. They started two years ago when he took office and we still aren't seeing benifit down here in the lower income bracket. Jobs are still hard to hold onto and even harder to find. The "double taxation" bill will give tax breaks to the wrong people again. How many low income families do you know that can afford to invest in the stock market?

On top of that Bush is passing all kinds of tax cuts at the same time he is expanding the budget. He is spending money that the country doesn't have and cannot spare. These sound supicisously like Reagonics, good old trickle down rears its ugly head again.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 1 2003, 05:58 AM
How many low income families do you know that can afford to invest in the stock market?

On top of that Bush is passing all kinds of tax cuts at the same time he is expanding the budget. He is spending money that the country doesn't have and cannot spare. These sound supicisously like Reagonics...

Tax cuts never will be made for those who actually need it,because those that do will never be involved in the making of the laws.

Suspiciously like?...shit more like mirror image,didn't work then won't work now.

I herd something like tax cuts will go to the upper class. Shit if they rich might as well rip them off.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Feb 1 2003, 03:32 PM
I herd something like tax cuts will go to the upper class. Shit if they rich might as well rip them off.

Why would you want to do that?If you made your way in the world and someone came to rip you off,how would you react?Shit I'm broke and people still try to take what's mine,but that doesn't mean I'm going to go steal from people.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jan 31 2003, 11:58 PM
The tax cuts have gone to all the wrong people. They started two years ago when he took office and we still aren't seeing benifit down here in the lower income bracket. Jobs are still hard to hold onto and even harder to find. The "double taxation" bill will give tax breaks to the wrong people again. How many low income families do you know that can afford to invest in the stock market?

On top of that Bush is passing all kinds of tax cuts at the same time he is expanding the budget. He is spending money that the country doesn't have and cannot spare. These sound supicisously like Reagonics, good old trickle down rears its ugly head again.

I think you take the democratic rant at face value which is bad because that exactly what they want you to do. You said it yourself, lower income families don't invest in the stock market. You afford everyone tax cuts, but the rich will get back more cause their taxed more. The fact is Mr. Gore, that the top 10% of the nation pay 50% of it's taxes, which is the way it's supposed to be. But to stimulate the economy you have to give them the ball, They will invest, the economy will grow, and then there will be more jobs for all of us sitting on the other side of the fence. The further the economy grows the more we'll get paid. If your intrest is to see the income curve in the country tapper off then at some point the other 80% are going to have to buy stocks, make more money, and thus pay more taxes. But before we can even get there we need to stimulate the economy, that's not going to happen from a lower class tax break. I don't see me getting $300 back and spending it on car parts and PS2 games actually doing any real good for the economy in the long term.

Oh, and you forgot to give Bush credit for trying to end the marriage tax. But oh well, it doesn't sound like you weren paying attention anyway...

SO SAYETH THE DUBB!

Silverchild79, you are not longer worth talking to about this stuff. Can you participate in a debate without attacking everyone that disagrees with you? Do us all a favor and keep out of these. They are for discussion, not for attcking other people's intelligence, ideals, or motives.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 1 2003, 01:34 PM
Silverchild79, you are not longer worth talking to about this stuff. Can you participate in a debate without attacking everyone that disagrees with you? Do us all a favor and keep out of these. They are for discussion, not for attcking other people's intelligence, ideals, or motives.

Sorry wasn't trying to insult anyone, just wanted to drive my point home. I get angry when people take what any politian says at face value, maybe I overeacted.

And Dubb isn't about wheels it's a reference to my middle name..

and come to think of it, I don't know what your so upset about anyway. If you would have made a comment like that about compression ratio or a racing story, what I posted would have been followed by 52 pages worth of replys laughing at you. But that's okay?!?

I just think the goverment needs to come up with a better tax system. what did actually happen to the money? i know some went into 9/11, but most states were already in debt.

9/11, the war in Afganistan, and all the militay shuffling. Not to mention all the aid. We dropped 35,000lbs of foodstuff a day in their country during the war untill Kabul was sacked. It was also estimated we'll spend somthing like 9 billion a yr for the next decade trying to get them back on their feet. And while it's a noble cause and all, a dollar in the charity pot is one less in the wallet. Add that to an economy that was already shrinking and your in for trouble. But we'll recover in 2003, obviously not back to the point where we were at the peak of the last Bull Market climax, but we'll recover alot of what we've lost and we'll see normal growth rate become the order of the day once again.

Back