Autocross

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

13s suck. go with the 14s for sure.
15x7s with 205/50's i still think are ideal.

Yea I was looking at tire availability for 13s, there is seriously nothing except competition tires.

I would like 15x7s with 205/50's but I can't afford an actual pair of lightweight rims. If I had money to play with I'd just pick up a pair of 15x7 TE37s. But that's waay out of my price range.

So these 14s will work :) it'll be nice to get that experience refurbing them. I want to do my webs when I'm done with the Hx's.

Not sure yet. I was leaning towards a darker bronzy color for the Hx's. I'm going to stick with black for the webs though.

Paint the HXs something obnoxious, like neon orange, neon pink or neon green, they will be used as your autocross wheels so why not?:D

Haha no, ew. Got them $150. They're in pretty decent shape, only one of them has some curbing.

You will be happy with the 14's in racing I think. If you keep the tire around a 40 it should help your acceleration because your sencond gear is so long. This will help shorten it by some amount IF these 14's are smaller then your current size now along with the tire.

I like my 15x7 195/50's. They're yummy for the street, and I don't do enough autox to justify buying another set of tires. Good mix for street/mpg and handling.

I'm with B on this one. All the way. Just get some extremely lightweight rims, and some nice, sticky light rubber. Any 15x7 rim/tire combo that weighs less than 30 will kill.

im running 15x7 enkei rs5 with 225/45r15 hankook ventus rubber. not only do they look great on the car, but it handles like its on rails.

im running 15x7 enkei rs5 with 225/45r15 hankook ventus rubber. not only do they look great on the car, but it handles like its on rails.

You don't have anything negative to say about running that wide of a tire? I'm kinda hesitant to even go to 205.

I just ended up going with the 14s and the AZENIS Rt-615s in the 195/60/R14s. We'll see how I like em' at the autocross on the 27th in Shelton.

I just ended up going with the 14s and the AZENIS Rt-615s in the 195/60/R14s. We'll see how I like em' at the autocross on the 27th in Shelton.

nice.. it'll be night and day compared to your daily rollers

they are much stiffer than your average high performance tire to begin with. but hey i cant argue with winning :shrug2:

:werd: what class do you run in TurboMirage? I'm sure you've mentioned it at some point, but I don't recall. What kind of power are you putting down in your car?

BTW it's an amazing car, good work on it :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back