b16 into 88 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxsk8er

i have a 88 civic hatch and i am dropping a b16 into it. i am using a si harness for the swap. At the end of the harness where it plugs into the shock tower are three plugs. On the other side of the shock tower are my plugs and there are only two. I know that my plugs are still wired for dual point so does anyone know how to wire the dual point to multi-port into the si harness.

thanx

What model hatch? What year b16?
Since its an 88, I dont think there was an si that year meaning that your car is dpfi. I would modify your current wiring harness to work with this. Do a search for the dx to sir article on this site.

Use the dx harness, and add a few wires. You need to make changes to the wiring by the ecu. If you did use the crx si one you still will have to modify the wiring anyways.

you need to modify the engine wiring harness that was on your dx motor and put that one on your B16 (DX/D15 engine wiring harness + add wires to it + B16 motor = B16 with modified dx wiring harness) so take of the si harness, take the time to do a search on how to do the dx to sir and do a little wiring

my buddy does a complete wire change over for 200 alls you have to do is plug it into the motor and fire her up. thats what i did to mine started up first time! looks awsome and works perefect!

Back