B16a not accepting boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gatto-is-alive

i instaled a turbo on my b16 this week and today i got it out for a run but the engine is not accepting boost .when the boost goes up to 3psi the engi is like slowing

Guessing it's untuned. Probably on a stock ECU, so you're running extremely lean. Do not run the car like this. Get it tuned, and then try again.

wtf is a 5th injector going to do???

heres the deal. your car is NOT stock anymore. your car is running a STOCK ecu. think about it. you need to get to a shop and have them tune it.

also, why the hell did you do a turbo setup and not know that you need to tune it?

really? are you serious?

i'm going to ask you a legit question. who installed the turbo on your car?

Man, if you continue to drive that thing, your B16 is going to be toast.

If you listen to one piece of advice, just park the car until you get a tune on that thing.

Yeah you need to tune that B16 badly. You are most likely running way lean. Get a Hondata S100 great tunning setup for boost and cheap S100 is only $200 plus tuning. Crome is ok but a Hondata will run the car soooo much better. Plus cost is around the same. I would look at getting some bigger injectors as well befre you tune. Get at least 310cc 450cc would be the best.

Yeah you need to tune that B16 badly. You are most likely running way lean. Get a Hondata S100 great tunning setup for boost and cheap S100 is only $200 plus tuning. Crome is ok but a Hondata will run the car soooo much better. Plus cost is around the same. I would look at getting some bigger injectors as well befre you tune. Get at least 310cc 450cc would be the best.
What makes you think that Hondata will make the car run so much better?

man am I glad someone dug up this gem of a thread... lol

Back