B16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

Okay general concept....

ZC Swap is around 1200 for everything including installation
B16a- bout 2000 for everything

is 800 really worth 30 hp??

I know they might be a little outragious priced for the ZC but i dont half ass on anything (installin my self)

well thanks for your replys! :D

Is it worth it to YOU? That's the real question. This is going into an 88-91 Civic, right? If that $2000 is the full "drive out" price on a B16 swap, that's pretty good.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 27 2003, 01:39 AM
Is it worth it to YOU? That's the real question. This is going into an 88-91 Civic, right? If that $2000 is the full "drive out" price on a B16 swap, that's pretty good.

:withstupid:

here are some facts to consider:

PROS:
1) The ZC engine weighs about 75lbs less than a B16, which means the actual performance gained based on power/weight ratio is greater than what the horsepower numbers alone dictate.

2) i have read that alot of ZCs put out more horsepower than they were rated at by the factory. there is a website that mentions this. i'll try to find it for u.

3) price

CONS:
1) if you live in cali, all JDM engines are illegal (will be an instant fail at smog check time). and the only smog legal B16 is the B16A2 out of a 99-2000 civic si...and it has to be outfitted with california smog equipment.

2) the ZC uses parts from about 5 different honda engines, making it confusing when u want to add on to it.

3) there is so much more aftermarket support for B16's. in fact, B16's might have the record for aftermarket products available.

Originally posted by stud4u2c17@Feb 27 2003, 04:34 AM
is 800 really worth 30 hp??

Well,you could think about this,When people are buying bolt ons such as I/H/E and easily spending $1000+ for gains that might equate to around 8-25hp,sounds like 30-40 actual horsepower for $800 sounds better and better.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Feb 27 2003, 02:44 AM
CONS:
1) if you live in cali, all JDM engines are illegal (will be an instant fail at smog check time). and the only smog legal B16 is the B16A2 out of a 99-2000 civic si...and it has to be outfitted with california smog equipment.

Correction: JDM engines are legal in California, they just need to have a USDM counterpart and all the smog equpiment, that the USDM counter part had. The ZC is illegal, because there was not a usdm ZC. And the USDM counterparts were in the B16 the B16A3 (Del Sol VTEC) and the B16A2 (99-00si).

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Feb 27 2003, 09:50 PM
Some of the old tegs have USDM ZC's in them.. right?

Yes,but I think they were still stamped as D series.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Feb 27 2003, 10:11 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 27 2003, 04:07 PM
Domeskilla
@Feb 27 2003, 09:50 PM
Some of the old tegs have USDM ZC's in them.. right?

Yes,but I think they were still stamped as D series.

A ZC is a d-series engine. :)

I know but over here we have the same motors actually stamped with ZC is all I'm saying.

Ah. Okay. I dont know shit about them. I just knew they were considered a d-series motor.

Back