b16a3 swap in 95 EX questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostjunkie95

Hey whats up. Im just about ready to swap a b16a3 from a 1995 Del Sol in my 95 Civic EX(d16z6). I have the a3 complete engine(alternator, distributor, manifolds, etc.), tranny, axles, wiring harness, ECU, shift linkage, and motor mounts.....am I missing anything? Should I be on the lookout for anything during the swap? Any advice? Anyone that has done this swap or that has any info. about it let me know anything you can, it'll be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

Jason

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey whats up. Im just about ready to swap a b16a3 from a 1995 Del Sol in my 95 Civic EX(d16z6). I have the a3 complete engine(alternator, distributor, manifolds, etc.), tranny, axles, wiring harness, ECU, shift linkage, and motor mounts.....am I missing anything? Should I be on the lookout for anything during the swap? Any advice? Anyone that has done this swap or that has any info. about it let me know anything you can, it'll be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

Jason
Change your timing belt and water pump, possibly the clutch too?
The rest should be a breeze. :)

Cool man, thanks. Already changed the timing belt and the water pump so im ready to roll. Dropped in a beefier aftermarket clutch also. Swapping out my d-series turbo for a boosted b-series......need more hp. :mrgreen:

when puting in the engine and tranny,do it in an angle,the tranny hasto be lower than the block,so you can squeeze it in.Tranny first.

is it the shift linkage from the del sol or from an integra???
the del sol one will not work in your car

Im pretty sure the linkage is from the Del Sol also. So i will need an integra linkage? 94-01 im assuming? Does it matter...GS-R or LS, or are they the same?

Alright, so i have a question(sorry for thread-jack)

I swapped a b16a(SIR II) into my 93 dx hatch and steve from hmotorsonline fabbed up some absolute crap for my shift linkage and it works awfully.

The stabilizer bar is fine, but the actual gearshift lever is the wrong length, and the end that attaches to the tranny is weak and loose.

Do I need the linkage from a del sol vtec dohc, or this integra linkage?

I think you guys are mistaken. I also see people saying things like you need to mix and match integra mounts for a 92-95 b16 swap, which is completely incorrect. Del Sol dohc vtec axles should work just fine.

EDIT: I retract my previous statement. From looking around, I guess integra linkage is what I am needing. Here is a question however:

The stabilizer bar on mine is fine, but the actual rod that connects to the tranny via the 'pin' is crap, do I just need the rod, or is the stabilizer bar required as well.

If the stabilizer is fine then just buy the gear shift lever.

Does it matter which ECU I use? The P28 from my EX or the P30 from the Sol....being that it will be chipped and tuned before the car hits the streets?

Back