bel air crash test

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I mean the driver's side of the outside of the car, not inside the cabin.. They never showed the outside shot of the malibu. Came close a few times then switched angles. Like they are hiding something. You know they had 6 cameras over there filming as well. But didn't use the footage?

I call shenanigans!!!

Bah, nevermind, they did show it at 1:02. Pause it several times as it impacts.. The bel air is a full 18 inches into the malibu before it starts to come apart.. and it still did worse in the crash. Cool stuff. And lol at the fuzzy dice!! Someone had a sense of humor.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice the billowing clouds of rust that came out from the bel air? They obviously found one sitting in a field, put a Maaco paint job on it and ran it into their super safety mobile. If that thing was showroom fresh or even just not completely rusted out, it would have destroyed that plastic piece of shit.
as i was reading this, i was waiting for someone to post something about 50 years of metal fatigue.

what was the speed? remember kids sit in the back or the trunk of old cars. at least the bel air's hood survived. people used to be tougher back in the day..

I would like to see a head on collision. The Bel Air wasn't designed to take a hit at that angle(even though it obviously can happen), the Malibu was.

I think we should go back to cars built like that. Then maybe people wouldn't drive while thinking "I have a state of the art car that will protect me in a crash if I do something stupid like go over the line."

I agree, I know that I have to pay attention to all the drivers around me cause if I get in a wreck my little tin can is getting smushed.

I can't remember where I heard it, I think it might have been Cel.

Remove all seatbelts and replace the airbags with claymores, everyone will drive with the utmost courtesy.

I can't remember where I heard it, I think it might have been Cel.

Remove all seatbelts and replace the airbags with claymores, everyone will drive with the utmost courtesy.

Well a couple months ago Honda issued that recall because their airbags where going off like claymores haha.

Back