Boston Marathon terrorist attack

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Many of my friends have told me recently that if it had happened in Baltimore, they'd wish they had a gun.

They're now going out trying to buy a firearm, but the market is dry. Shame people have to wait until something bad happens before they take control of their personal safety.

Many of my friends have told me recently that if it had happened in Baltimore, they'd wish they had a gun.

They're now going out trying to buy a firearm, but the market is dry. Shame people have to wait until something bad happens before they take control of their personal safety.
It's the society we were brought up in. Kevin Bacon is screaming "ALL IS WELL!" while it goes to shit around him.

I think a lot of my generation is realizing that we aren't #1 anymore, and this world is a dangerous place. I think it's better to realize this after something bad happens, then to just brush it off as a freak occurrence and go about business as usual.

I think a lot of my generation is realizing that we aren't #1 anymore, and this world is a dangerous place. I think it's better to realize this after something bad happens, then to just brush it off as a freak occurrence and go about business as usual.

Exactly.

Immediately following the events last spring/summer, many of the people I work with came to me to get home security advice. I think the more intelligent portion of the population is now starting to understand why some of us are vigilant and protective of our home-space. It's not because we expect something to happen, it's because something will happen and we won't be expecting it.

Guys it is nothing to worry about ol' Mayor Bloomberg knows what we need to do!

http://news.yahoo.com/bloomberg-boston-bombing-rethink-constitution-142223471.html

"But we live in a complex word where you're going to have to have a level of security greater than you did back in the olden days, if you will. And our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution, I think, have to change."

See, we just need more state cameras and we can all be more safe! Oh and maybe some cameras that can fly through the air. You know to track the evil doers as they skulk about the town.

Infuriates me how ready people are to give up their liberties for a little bit of "safety."

Infuriates me how ready people are to give up their liberties for a little bit of "safety."

But more like false safety. No matter how much security we have, people are still going to kill one another.

1,500 or so people die each day from cancer. I find it amazing how we don't cower in fear over that statistic, but we are afraid of a couple of guys who kill three. Fourteen people died in Texas the other day from fertilizer, have you boycotted your local farmer yet?

Grow a set "guys", really.

Guys it is nothing to worry about ol' Mayor Bloomberg knows what we need to do!

Bloomberg: After Boston bombing, we need to rethink our Constitution

See, we just need more state cameras and we can all be more safe! Oh and maybe some cameras that can fly through the air. You know to track the evil doers as they skulk about the town.

In other news, NY is going to raise the age for sale for Cigarettes to 21. Only sale. Possession and smoking is still allowed at 18......

But more like false safety. No matter how much security we have, people are still going to kill one another.

1,500 or so people die each day from cancer. I find it amazing how we don't cower in fear over that statistic, but we are afraid of a couple of guys who kill three. Fourteen people died in Texas the other day from fertilizer, have you boycotted your local farmer yet?

Grow a set "guys", really.

I agree with this. I'm more afraid crossing the road than getting shot, plane crash, anything. I swear every day in the news there is a hit and run in washington.

In other news, NY is going to raise the age for sale for Cigarettes to 21. Only sale. Possession and smoking is still allowed at 18......

i saw a Newport ad in the newest Maxim that said visit the site, must be 21 years old.. had me confused, but it makes sense now

One other point to remember, it was when the fine citizens of Boston where "allowed to exit" their homes that the second suspect was discovered. All the heavy hardware and man power they dedicated towards finding this guy and it was a guy who stepped out his back door that found him.

I mean I am pleased that the LEOs involved in the manhunt did not randomly shoot civilians and then burn a building to the ground under the flag of keeping the people safe. But I do think there are some questions that need to be asked following all of this.

Boycott Fertilizer? I boycott my government, does that count ?

Marie+Hiding+Under+the+Bed.jpg

They can hear you..

I agree with this. I'm more afraid crossing the road than getting shot, plane crash, anything.

I'm usually more afraid when I'm being shot or when I'm in a plane that's crashing than when I'm crossing the street...

sounds like that happens to you quite often.
hope im never sharing the same flight as you. lol.

One other point to remember, it was when the fine citizens of Boston where "allowed to exit" their homes that the second suspect was discovered. All the heavy hardware and man power they dedicated towards finding this guy and it was a guy who stepped out his back door that found him.

I mean I am pleased that the LEOs involved in the manhunt did not randomly shoot civilians and then burn a building to the ground under the flag of keeping the people safe. But I do think there are some questions that need to be asked following all of this.

i can see both sides. the fact that the lockdown existed forced him to hide (in that boat). he couldnt walk the streets, there were no crowds to blend into. and im sure that was part of the intention. forcing the lockdown limited the suspect's movements.

lol, with his picture pasted everywhere in one of the most spiteful cities in america, all this accomplished was giving him more time to hide. he would have been forced to hide regardless of the lockdown.

it just delayed the inevitable.

had he gotten into a car, it would have been easy to blend in. and easier to slip through the cracks. the lockdown took cars off the streets too.

i dont think anyone can say with any certainty what the outcome would be without the lockdown (better or worse), as obviously we cant go back in time and try it out another way. im just playing devils advocate here and trying to see both sides.

I agree with this. I'm more afraid crossing the road than getting shot, plane crash, anything. I swear every day in the news there is a hit and run in washington.

I hate getting shot, crashing a plane, and crossing the street.

However, my only experience with any of those three is getting shot at, and getting hit while crossing the street. Never been involved in a plane crash, but I can't imagine it's pleasant.

had he gotten into a car, it would have been easy to blend in. and easier to slip through the cracks. the lockdown took cars off the streets too.

i dont think anyone can say with any certainty what the outcome would be without the lockdown (better or worse), as obviously we cant go back in time and try it out another way. im just playing devils advocate here and trying to see both sides.

If he'd just cut his damned hair he wouldn't have been recognizable...

Back