London terrorist attack!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 8 2005, 10:07 AM
Yeah, the Bible and Torah have it's "This book is right" groups, but the official Churches and Synagogues have assigned priests and scholars to look for new interprations of the books. They have opened their minds. Even fundamentalist or extreme Christians / Jews are willing to look at other translations of their writings and accept that it's all open to translation.
[post=522547]Quoted post[/post]​

The Christians are just as bad as the Muslims when it comes to "our way is right, your way is wrong." outlooks on... just about everything.

One only has to open a science book that has an orange sticker stating "Evolution is only a theory" to get that. Christians kill just as Muslims kill... do you know that more people have been killed in the name of Christianity's god than for any other reason? The Crusades, The Inquisition, Salem witch trials, abortion clinic killings, the list goes on.

Ever watch Pat Robertson? How about Jerry Fallwell? The only thing keeping them from being more dangerous than Islamic radicals is the fact that they spend their time trying to find out if the purple Teletubby is dating Spongebob!

Remember, according to them, God let 9/11 happen. God let it happen because we're allowing gay marriage and ignoring the good Book. They fuckin said that straight out! Open minded... gimme a fucking BREAK.

Christians have been the least open minded and most corrupt people in the history of fucking time! From the Pope (Yes, mister big hat himself) condoning torture (Pope Innocent IV) "If torture is appropriate for those who break the laws of men, then it is more than fitting for those who break the law of God.", to Moses commanding the army that attacked Midian to kill and rape (Num. 31:13-18 - And Moses and E-le-a'-zer the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp. And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands and captains over hundreds which came from the battle. And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel lf Ba'-laam, to committ tresspass against the LORD in the matter of Pe'-or and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.)

KILLING AND RAPE IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!

The problem aint crazy people, the problem is religion driving these crazy people.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy+Jul 8 2005, 01:20 AM-->
and the award for the most racist, misinformed statement in this topic goes to....

driverunknown
@Jul 7 2005, 08:43 PM
Any of you guys watch "Siege" with Denzel and Bruce Willis? They should do that shit there and here too if they have to.
[post=522355]Quoted post[/post]​

go ahead and take a bow. we have done this before(WWII). my uncles father was a second born generation in this country, didnt even speak japanese, and was still put in a camp. you really need to look deeper into it.

its not a race thing, its barely a religion thing. there are terrorists in every color all around the world. if this is truly a "war on terror" then we should be going after the IRA and Anti-Abortion groups that bomb a clinic. this is a war against someone that could take over oil reserves that could fund their groups to move up from box cutters to nukes.

im against the war, i support the troops, but there are feasable(sp?) reasons we are there.
[post=522483]Quoted post[/post]​

lol racist :rolleyes:

The camps served a purpose, and they were effective. I'm sorry if I don't care about people's "feelings" but this shit has gone far enough and those guilty must be punished.

Maybe I'll just ignore the london stuff and complain about the poor prisoners in guantanamo bay being force-fed three whole meals a day. I mean the us soldiers photographed then naked, maybe flushed their holy book down the toilet. The terrorists have done nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jul 8 2005, 05:23 PM
i think ill convert to buddhism... :D
[post=522879]Quoted post[/post]​

Then you will go to hell. Why will you go to hell? Because the majority of the people on this board and in the world believe you will. Buddhism is a small religion... why it is it a small religion? Because it is unpopular... why is it unpopular? Because Buddhism is a religion that believes in doing no harm to any living thing on this planet.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Jul 8 2005, 01:20 AM
I mean the us soldiers photographed then naked, maybe flushed their holy book down the toilet. The terrorists have done nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

Okay, think about this for a minute.

These terrorists are attacking us supposedly because their religion says to. Now of course everyone knows that these guys take their religion quite seriously (as do many religious people). Now, American soldiers (i.e. the western infidels) force them to perform some pretty damn nasty things and on top of it desecrate their holy book by Sharpieing crosses on it, pissing on it, flushing it down a toilet, stomping on it etc.

What do you expect a people that take religion seriously that already have enough dislike towards us going to do when they hear that not only have their people been desecrated, but their religion?

Let's do the math... Religion tells group of people to kill other group of people. That group of people then desecrate the first group's people AND their religion, thus further enforcing their reasons for killing them.

Desecrating an Islamic holy book by drawing a Christian symbol on it. Guess what! You've officially brought YOUR religion into the war, making it... what class? A holy war! What do these people call a holy war? A Jihad!

So basically we did EXACTLY what they expected us to do. Way to go America!

Man, my head spins everytime I read this stuff. I try to, at least in my mind, make some sense of it all, why I think we went to war, what I believe is good/bad about it, opinions on the president, who wants what, etc. I read stuff like this, and I'm more confused as ever. I doubt I'll completly figure it out, its all lost in a bunch of opinions, lies, some facts and the media who wants to increase thier pay checks. Am I alone?

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jul 8 2005, 11:47 PM
The camps served a purpose, and they were effective. I'm sorry if I don't care about people's "feelings" but this shit has gone far enough and those guilty must be punished.

[post=522889]Quoted post[/post]​

So, to punish the guilty few, the many should be branded terrorist and rousted into camps?

Originally posted by cheese9988@Jul 8 2005, 06:18 PM
Man, my head spins everytime I read this stuff. I try to, at least in my mind, make some sense of it all, why I think we went to war, what I believe is good/bad about it, opinions on the president, who wants what, etc. I read stuff like this, and I'm more confused as ever. I doubt I'll completly figure it out, its all lost in a bunch of opinions, lies, some facts and the media who wants to increase thier pay checks. Am I alone?
[post=522903]Quoted post[/post]​

Learn. That's the best thing you can do. Research every little thing to the Nth degree, look for the lesser known.

Also, don't be biased... which is unfortunately the hardest thing for anyone to do. I'm a liberal, I think Ann Coulter is a bit of a right wing crackhead, but I also believe that Michael Moore is a bit of a left wing nut. Sure I will listen to him, as I will listen to Coulter (and her wacky comments like Clinton putting crack pipes on the White House christmas tree), but I take everything with a grain of salt. If something makes me raise an eyebrow, I will research it.

Listen to everything, filter the wheat from the chaff and hope you got it right.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jul 8 2005, 06:47 PM
lol racist :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll just ignore the london stuff and complain about the poor prisoners in guantanamo bay being force-fed three whole meals a day. I mean the us soldiers photographed then naked, maybe flushed their holy book down the toilet. The terrorists have done nothing wrong. :rolleyes:
[post=522889]Quoted post[/post]​

SERVED A PURPOSE! you cant be serious. just like the nazi camps served a purpose because a few jewish people were supposably at fault for the economy.

did you even read my post? my uncles father was second born generation citizen in this country, didnt speak japanese, and was married to an italian woman. that is racist, because of his coloration and facial features, he was stereotyped a comunism spy. and he wasnt the only japanese american this happen to.

think about doctors, pharmacists, or computer techs, alot are arab. does this mean that they too are to be put in camps?

what you said was racist, face it.

I knew you were going to use the nazi card, so go ahead and compare America to Nazi Germany, because we all know about the millions Japanese that were killed just like the Jews. last i remember the japanese were released. Sorry about your family, but your people are not the first to be victimized by others who share radical beliefs. Get over it. Blacks, Asians, Mexicans, and hell, even Americans have had it bad.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jul 9 2005, 05:03 AM
I knew you were going to use the nazi card, so go ahead and compare America to Nazi Germany, because we all know about the millions Japanese that were killed just like the Jews. last i remember the japanese were released. Sorry about your family, but your people are not the first to be victimized by others who share radical beliefs. Get over it. Blacks, Asians, Mexicans, and hell, even Americans have had it bad.
[post=523088]Quoted post[/post]​

i wasnt saying that what happen to the jews was the same, i was saying that both were wrongfully imprisoned because of race or religion. a race or religion doesnt make a person, and therefore its a bullshit way of judging people.

BUT IT STILL HAPPENS. Deal with it. It's not like your complaining about it is actually going to make any progress toward a meaningful solution.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Jul 8 2005, 05:51 PM-->
@Jul 8 2005, 05:23 PM

Then you will go to hell. Why will you go to hell? Because the majority of the people on this board and in the world believe you will. Buddhism is a small religion... why it is it a small religion? Because it is unpopular... why is it unpopular? Because Buddhism is a religion that believes in doing no harm to any living thing on this planet.
[post=522893]Quoted post[/post]​

So buddhists will go to hell because they dont do anything and Christians disagree with it...

imo, thats what i disagree with so many other christians these days; they, in a way, force their religion on other people by convincing them that if they dont convert or follow the christian way they will go to "christian hell"(isnt that what the old Roman Church did back in the days?).

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jul 8 2005, 04:23 PM

I got a gas can and matches in my garage. Look up Buddhist monks and Vietnam if you dont get the refrence, that religon wont save you either.

I think this could go on all day. I dont know why it is even being debated. B was smart in ducking out when he did.

I know that there is never going to be an end to this fight. There are such a thing as Christian Extremists too (cept we call em the KKK) Its something that never dies out no matter how many of the fuckers we kill. I cant take sides on this subject. I know for a fact that i wouldnt insult or belittle the actions of our men and women overseas. Thats some bull shit in itself.

I dont want our troops in Afganistan, Iraq, Somalia, or Iran. HOWEVER, i understand the need for them to be. I don't support G.W. (and i catch a lot of shit for it since i live in Tx), but I have to remember that 98% of all the decisions made arent his, but the decisions of his advisors.

EDIT* I agree that Christian are no where near perfect. I am not a religous person, but i am definitely a moral person. Its inappropriate for anyone to carry out actions in the name of God. If he wanted something done HE WOULD USE HIS POWER TO DO IT HIS SELF. How has that not come into anyone's mind. Omnipotent & Omnipresent, i think the man could do some shit without havin to talk down to us little pawns to do his bidding. I think if hes the God that the Christian's make him into then he wouldn't bother telling us to kill people in his name, hed just fuckin DO IT.

What happened in London can actually be seen as good thing (not to get back on topic or anything). While the lives of those who were killed cannot be replaced, but we might gain even more allies and support of the end of terrorist cells. If all of NATO gets involved in this at the level that the US is, i think there might be some massive problems for terrorists.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 9 2005, 05:54 PM
I got a gas can and matches in my garage. Look up Buddhist monks and Vietnam if you dont get the refrence, that religon wont save you either.
[post=523257]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont get how thats relevant; because they were protesting the war. also, the irony in that burning was they were protesting mainly the South Vietnamese regime; and now that the North has control of all Vietnam, theyre persecuting Christians AND Buddhists. But no you guys dont here about it much, because America doesnt have anything to gain from Vietnam(except for coffee beans...)

id rather believe in peace than war. just look what it leads to; more wars.

buddhist's have convition than any cristian. I have never seen a cristian light them selves on fire in pritest of somthing? And these statments about thing you know nothing about is why half the world hates north america.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 10 2005, 12:57 AM
Christians have more sense....they just burn crosses (another KKK refrence)
[post=523421]Quoted post[/post]​

so you never heard of the Nazi's and the crusades that christians started? they may not have harmed themselves, but they sure as hell harmed other people; which contradicts one of the teachings of the Bible.

btw, the KKK were known to kill many people back in the days.

Nobody said they didnt, i just said they burned crosses. There have been plenty of people killed in the name of religon.

Some religons call for self sacrifice and others are a little bit more sensable by calling for the sacrifice of others.

George S. Patton said it best, "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Hopefully the terrorist strategists will eventually strap a bomb to their chests and end this damn thing.

It doesnt make sense to kill your supporters even to advance your cause. If you suicide all your supporters, there aint gonna be anything left to fight for.

Back