bought a truck y0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, i know they aren't the most reliable thing out there... but it should last me a couple years... and i'm sure i'll be sick of it by then.

and its not the 318. according to the ins quote, its a 281 or 287, i forget.

yeah, i know they aren't the most reliable thing out there... but it should last me a couple years... and i'm sure i'll be sick of it by then.
HAHA, right. you'll sell it in may.

i bought a 4 yr power train warranty that's transferable so i should be good for anything that breaks (ie, tranny).

Beat on the car to the point where the tranny blows out right before the warrenty expires . . . .then get a new tranny and sell it.

took it into work today (60 mile commute)

she's pretty stable until about 93. 91 is cool. 92 is cool. 93 she starts shaking, 94 its a wobbley mess. lol i'm actually pretty impressed. i expected to find those numbers in the 70s, not in the 90's :)

i bought a 4 yr power train warranty that's transferable so i should be good for anything that breaks (ie, tranny).

aftermarket warranty? you just wasted your money. congrats. we LOVE aftermarket warranties at dealerships...mostly because it almost always ends up being customer pay.

If you can, cancel that shit and go to a dealership and get a Maxcare warranty...I'm pretty sure you can purchase it with the vehicle being used, but I promise you that you're going to need it, and you'll definitely benefit from that more than any aftermarket warranty. If you're going to go with an aftermarket warranty, you might as well just claim anything that breaks on your insurance.

I never had any issues with my aftermarket warranty. Came in handy plenty of times with my Heep.

aftermarket warranty? you just wasted your money. congrats. we LOVE aftermarket warranties at dealerships...mostly because it almost always ends up being customer pay.

If you can, cancel that shit and go to a dealership and get a Maxcare warranty...I'm pretty sure you can purchase it with the vehicle being used, but I promise you that you're going to need it, and you'll definitely benefit from that more than any aftermarket warranty. If you're going to go with an aftermarket warranty, you might as well just claim anything that breaks on your insurance.

i bought the truck from a dealership in their trade-in lot. the warranty is from the dealership. warranty is from GE and includes engine/drive axel/4x4/t-cases/ and seals/gaskets with a $200 deductible.

i bought the truck from a dealership in their trade-in lot. the warranty is from the dealership. warranty is from GE and includes engine/drive axel/4x4/t-cases/ and seals/gaskets with a $200 deductible.

I'm just speaking based on what I see - and what I make money off of - every day. It's your call ^_^

Back