Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fuck no I didnt read it, Im American!!!
Also, I was multi-tasking and missed the first 20ish seconds.
Oh.

I got my exhaust welded up and oil in the tranny. :) Something is messed in the steering tho. Its easy to steer for like a 1/4 trun then it goes all squirly. Axles binding up maybe? I used the DA Integra knuckes and kept the dust rings in there.

Last edited:
You may have mangled up the rack when you wadded it up into the ditch.

Ok! Shes done! Time to get some insurance and get another alignment. :)

107_4348.jpg

107_4349.jpg

Yea it is a little smooth for a conventional look but who needs that? Too bad you won't be using it when you get your PR-3 head! :ph34r:

I eye balled an alignment and it drives excellent, so good that I actually might not bother taking it to a shop.

And what a power house! Lol. It pulls great in the lower rpms. :D

It technically works, but IMO not really a good solution. The DA knuckles are taller and give incorrect suspension geometry. You might run into clearance issues with the upper arms. Also more stress on the upper ball joints. Just letting you know. Car looks good though.

I couldn't find any info on them, now I know. I don't think I have clearance issues, could the upper arms hit the wheel well? I'm lowered and haven't heard anything going down my driveway but the suspension doesn't move much anyway. Would adjustable upper control arms solve the stress? (And the camber ovbiously)

EDIT: Or is there a way to put the DA brakes on my Si hubs?

Last edited:
yes, your upper arm could hit the wheel well with how low you are lowered, like on a big bump. you cant put the DA brakes on the Si hubs because of the differences in the position of the caliper mounting points on the knuckle. you can get upper arms to correct the camber, but its not going to change the stress on the upper ball joint.

theres only a few ways to get 10.2" (DA sized) brakes on your crx. the best way is to get 90-91 Civic EX knuckles. this civic comes stock with 10.2" brakes and has the exact same knuckle size as the CRX (height-wise), or you can get the JDM CRX knuckles which are the same as the civic EX but uses a different hub/bearing.

you can also do it the way i did it. using the stock knuckles and ITR calipers with 10.2" rotors. but its kind of a pain and requires a good bit of modification to the calipers and the pads.

You're totally right, I got a look at it and looks bad. I'll swap back to the stock knuckles and take out the dust rings I guess. :(

I got the car on the road and everything seems great. I had a throttle sticking issue though. At WOT the throttle would stick on the strut bar lol...a bit scary. But I bent the bracket and it clears fine now. Compression is 200 straight across. When I first got the motor after sitting for 2 years the compression #'s were all over but within reason.

I get my lisence in 20 days so everything came togther just in time. My dad stopped commuting in his S2000 and has started using my car, he loves it lol. Much more powerful than the Mini-Me and a lot better on gas too. I would imagine the top end power of a VTEC head would be awesome because its a ass load of fun already. I'm considering a rebuild and a proper LS/VTEC conversion because I could build one for less than a swap. :) Anywho....an update.

Back