Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Get them from majestic honda. They are usually the cheapest on oem parts in my experience.

I might like the stiff feel even though it's my dd. I'll ponder this...
Not being confrontational here. I like the stiffening too. I maintained stock height and went to entry level or stage 1 KYB struts and Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings and really like the ride. It's sweet.

But, like wikedeye alluded to - we all have different preferences.

I run a 2 1/2" exhaust with straight "Test" pipe and like the sound of the OBX system. I also like lightened flywheels - not extreme - stage 1 stuff. Others don't.

So, if you want to tighten it up a bit, the polyurethane is the way to go - if not, then stock OEM neoprene is the ticket.

I also use an adjustable cam timing pulley - others don't. I tweaked the cam timing on the otherwise stock D16A6 by advancing it a degree or two for low end driveability - more torque.

My '91 hatch is the DD. It's basically a Stage 1 hotrod.

:)

Thanks for the imput. :)

Things I've broke in the last week...
-Brake line pop'd
-eBay short shifter snapped
-One of my wheels was casted wrong
I'm going to take my wheel to the "wheel machinist" or whatever you call it this week bnecause the bolt holes aren't in the center of the wheel. :(

How much should I pay for a '00 Si B16 head with a VC but no VTEC solenoid, no dizzy and a 1st gen B16 IM with no TB? He wants $375.

Clean but not minty fresh. He spun a bearing in the block so its been beat on. Its been sitting in his garage for over a year and he said he's open to offers.

Looks like my LS VTEC build is starting this winter. :D The LS is burning a tremendous ammount of oil so its time for a rebuild and more power. :)

I'm thinking of a straight B16 now. I read a couple of write ups and I'm sorta against the LS VTEC thing now.

The same guy has a complete B16A block for sale too. I could just build a solid motor and not convert a bunch of crap.

id probably stick with an LS VTEC too.. though the b16 does present considerably less hassle. that choice is up to you, lol

no torque with the b16 though, i'd go lsvtec if i were you
The B18 is nice in the bottom end torque but I'd rather have more top end power. I BARELY pull on Matt with his stock D16A6 with a CAI, cheapo header and home made straight pipe. Could be the LS tranny or stock exhaust but I want moar. :D

id probably try to find an engine that hasnt been pulled apart. though difficult, itd re assure you that the damn thing wasnt assembled by some monkey.

Got my first ticket last night. On my way to pick up my movie date to see Paranormal Activity at midnight, no one was around on the highway and I got caught doing 63 over highway speeds. $400 ticket and impounded for 7 days. :(

Back