Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Everything under the hood should get solid mechanical connection, soldered, heat shrink. I do all automotive wiring that way - cabin and stereo also.

Looks good. Did you not solder them the first time or something.
Yeah, all soldered but no heat shrink and some wires were too long or too short.
Looks good man.. gotta say it again i love your work!
:D
Did you ever do a compression test?
Yep what Matt said.
Everything under the hood should get solid mechanical connection, soldered, heat shrink. I do all automotive wiring that way - cabin and stereo also.
Yes I agree. I haven't had an issue with electrical tape before but I learnt the hard way and had to do my engine harness twice. I rushed it, I wanted to drive it so soon because I've been without a license for a while.
235 on all 4
Correct good SiR.
looking good man!
and damn you have some green grass:lol:
Haha, it is...never noticed.

I'm going to try and fetch an EG engine harness from a yard tomorrow to use the dizzy wiring.

Last edited:
RUSHED hard work lol. It will work out, everything else was great so the engine harness should be the ticket to success.
I kinda figured you got in a hurry - no problem there - we all do that - even when we know better!

I kinda figured you got in a hurry - no problem there - we all do that - even when we know better!
Spring break is over soon and I need the car again for school and work, I've still got 4 days.
I'm still 3 pages back, did you actually pay the 15 bucks for an ebay wiper hole plug?
Hell no, someone else did, I stole mine from the firewall on a parts EF.
lol... hole plug...lol
:rimshot:

My temp sensor was oil soaked and the wires cracked so I fixed it by soldering right to the pins. (notice the new OBDII plugs I found ;))

102_1312.jpg

102_1313.jpg

102_1314.jpg

102_1315.jpg

The IACV plug got cut too short to my liking so I fixed it the same way.

102_1316.jpg

The remade VTEC and 4 wire o2 sensor sub harness. All other wires on the B16 match up exactly to a stock Si harness.

102_1317.jpg

102_1318.jpg

Last edited:
So I was looking back at when you got your dizzy and you did not change any wires right? You just repinned them into a diff. harness? Maybe you got one mixed up? Are you sure they all go to the same positions on the earlier obd plug?

Maybe this will help.
dizzydiagram.jpg

Last edited:
My OBDII dist didn't come with those wire colors according to that chart ^^, they actually matched up to OBD0 wire colors. And yea I checked them a few times to make sure they matched up. I'm maybe thinking now that I need to find the function of each wire and make sure that they weren't mixed up from factory.

Last edited:
I'll bet that if they were not the same color as the obdII dizzy then you probably got a wire crossed. Can you compare the new dizzy with a plug from an oem dizzy to see for sure what goes where. Here are some pics from my helms that covers the 99-00 si. These might be able to guide you through.

Wiring diagram
Picture2.png

Connector diagram
Picture1-2.png

My OBD0 distributor plug in the engine harness was untouched so I depinned my OBDII distributor wires into a OBD0 distributor plug and all the colors matched exactly. So I have no idea anymore how the OBDII plug came on my dizzy. I think I'll leave it for now but after I make sure my engine harness is 100% correct and I still get a code then thats where I'll investigate next.

So I hit up a hillbilly wrecker today, not the usual one I use cause its a longer drive but well worth it ! The guy has about 5 almost complete EGs and 3 of which still have D16Z6s in them !! So I got a complete Z6 harness and OBDI injectors for $40 ! :D The injectors have 430xxx KMS on them so should I attempt to clean them? So now I am deleting the resistor box and converting all my engine plugs to OBDI. :)

102_1319.jpg

102_1321.jpg

I'd sure clean them up before installation.
Yeah I'm degreasing the outside but isn't there a way to take them apart and clean a little screen or something? I just wanna make sure there isn't 430xxx KMS of shit clogged in them and they don't supply enough fuel since my OBD0 B16 injectors should still be fresh.
Good call on the harness. I hope you figure out whats wrong soon.
I hope so too haha.

Why are you switching them if the ones you have are good? Wont it just add to any wiring confusion that may be present already? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Back