Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thank you...I got a shitty grin going on. ;)

Little bugs will be worked out but it seems to be a happy unit. I'm very pleased with it. :)

good shit dude.... i dont know what it is about certain spark plugs... i had a similar issue with ngk iridium plugs a few years back... i mean, i swapped out, fuel pump, distributor, throttle body, (tps) iac valve, fpr, and in the end, out of sheer frustration, i swapped out plugs... and it worked!!!! now, the issue i was having is that it would run for a few minutes at a time... and slowly die out.... id would rev it to redline, and it would just be like, "no you don't" and die out on me!!!! funny how crap like that will set us back soo much!!!! anyways, full speed ahead with your build, good sir!!!!

Let's cruzzz!!! I'm puttin my straight pipe back on! There's a hole in my exhaust now from where it scrapes lol

Last edited:
good shit dude.... i dont know what it is about certain spark plugs... i had a similar issue with ngk iridium plugs a few years back... i mean, i swapped out, fuel pump, distributor, throttle body, (tps) iac valve, fpr, and in the end, out of sheer frustration, i swapped out plugs... and it worked!!!! now, the issue i was having is that it would run for a few minutes at a time... and slowly die out.... id would rev it to redline, and it would just be like, "no you don't" and die out on me!!!! funny how crap like that will set us back soo much!!!! anyways, full speed ahead with your build, good sir!!!!
Weird man ! :( I just tried the plugs cause I had them lol. And bam...she bangs
Let's cruzzz!!! I'm puttin my straight pipe back on! There's a hole in my exhaust now from where it scrapes lol

Hahaha mines still holdin up !

Wanna come to the shop on sat and help me weld up anouther exhust for my car lol? I got some tires I wanna put on too and your welcome to use anything.

Wanna come to the shop on sat and help me weld up anouther exhust for my car lol? I got some tires I wanna put on too and your welcome to use anything.

We'll see how it goes. Probably will.

I need a new thermostat, it stays too cool unless I'm at a stop. Then fine tune the TPS more, at certain spots in in the throttle position it sputters. Other than that I'm amazed for a $250 motor. No smoke, good compression, good power...just good all over.

Timing belt tensioner seized and shredded my timing belt. It lost power (exhaust cam jumped a couple teeth) so I pulled over and rubber dust everywhere. Caught it before any contact happened : phew :

So new - Timing belt - Tensioner - Water Pump - set me back another $120 ish. Not even Honda parts.

Last edited:
Call me when you get this

theres this new invention that has seemed to take most of the world by storm.
its called a phone.
more importantly, on this phone is a feature called voicemail.
its very reminiscent of the old answering machines of a forgotten era.

also, theres this other feature called text messaging.
it will literally take something that you type on the screen of your phone and send it to the screen of another phone.
its like black fucking magic in the palm of your hand.

and yes, i do understand that the internet is a mystical creation in itself, but the previous suggestions usually yield much faster response times.

;)

strange that your t-stat is bad on a jdm engine. i just swapped out the original 170,000 mile engine out of my integra with a jdm b20, and all systems were go... except with the thermostat.... on the highway, it'll barely reach the first line.... dammit..

Yeah the thermostat was weird for not working. I'm bummed cause it was a nice Honda one and I stole the one from my LS and it was aftermarket garbage but I get great temp now. I think I'll trade it out eventually for OEM.

I think the tensioner gave me signs of wear before, there was some sort of noise and it was probably it dieing. I shoulda done a timing belt job before...oh well it's getting done on the side of the road where it quit.

so you bought a used engine, and didnt do the timing belt, tensioner, and water pump? cant believe i missed that, and cant believe you didnt do it.. but at least no damage was done

however, youre going to use non-OEM parts for that job, which is still living on borrowed time IMO :/

I remember wondering why he didn't at least do a timing belt job while it was out, but he already had it in so I didn't say anything.

so you bought a used engine, and didnt do the timing belt, tensioner, and water pump? cant believe i missed that, and cant believe you didnt do it.. but at least no damage was done

however, youre going to use non-OEM parts for that job, which is still living on borrowed time IMO :/

I remember wondering why he didn't at least do a timing belt job while it was out, but he already had it in so I didn't say anything.

Yes I fucked the dog. They're all Japanese parts that came in. Looked identical to OEM quality, and a Gates timing belt which Honda uses anyway I heard?

A bolt is actually what fell down there and tore up the belt. But everything is great now and I went home and changed the D16A6 plug wires for the original B16 wires that are correct length and didn't cross over each other and no more studder. FINALLY runs 100% throughout the RPM range. Although I got code 22 once and VTEC doesn't engage some times. I'm checking the grounds and voltage in the wires after school.

I checked each function of the distributor and I believe its working 100% now.

However I rechecked the TPS calibration again to humor myself and it was out. So it should read 0.5v at closed throttle and 4.5v at full open throttle. When I set the closed to 0.5v, full open reads 4.61v. And when I set the full open to 4.5v, closed throttle reads 0.4v.

That could be an issue.
The closed throttle or idle side of the TPS is the one I would "Nominalize" or set to spec - if the WOT is off .1 or a couple of tenths that's not as big a deal as the idle setting.

Have you tried both sets of injectors?

Nope, still running OBDI injectors. The pressure switch gave me a CEL once and the oil pan is dented a little where the pick up is so I'm thinking theres a loss of pressure. I read through some threads and people have confirmed dented oil pans on VTEC motors affect the oil pressure and make VTEC engage intermittently, just like my issue. I may use the LS oil pan or get a new one. :( More time and money spent...

theres this new invention that has seemed to take most of the world by storm.
its called a phone.
more importantly, on this phone is a feature called voicemail.
its very reminiscent of the old answering machines of a forgotten era.

also, theres this other feature called text messaging.
it will literally take something that you type on the screen of your phone and send it to the screen of another phone.
its like black fucking magic in the palm of your hand.

and yes, i do understand that the internet is a mystical creation in itself, but the previous suggestions usually yield much faster response times.

;)
I got a new phone he didn't have my number. His cell phone is broken and his home phone doesn't work. Ha ha ha your funny

Back