cart 7/10

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
not sure if im going.

ive got a wedding to attend on saturday, plus the car is running weird. ive tried 2 different o2 sensors and it wont stop throwing a code for it. ive also gotta replace my bosch plugs with denso ones, since the plugs look like shit and are causing misfires. weird stuff. :ph34r:

on a better note, thanks to those who said to run a thicker oil. switching from 5w30 to 10w40 isnt producing nearly as much smoke and its not burning much at all. :)

posol

RETIRED
toss those bosh POS's. god i hate bosch spark plugs.... lol

the cat is a good idea.

drop the exhaust manifold back (assuming your o2 is upstream of the cat), reset the ecu, and drive around... see if it comes on.

as for the event....

<bobs>I doubt it</bobs>

got a lot of crap going on, havne't touched the hatch in two weeks.... and hell, i may not even own it any more on the 10th...

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
im not sure if its the cat since the car doesnt stink, and it was brand new 2 years ago. but 25k miles... ill give it a look-see. ive also got a secondary o2 sensor after the cat, who knows if thats working, but the a/f gauge is hooked up to the primary.

ScrapinSi

why not disconnect the a/f gauge? Maybe its getting pissed off...

And one way you can check the cat is by taking a laser temp gun... If you have a slight temp drop from before to after the cat, its fine... if you have a 100 degree difference, the cat is fubar'd.

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 6 2005, 05:19 PM
a/f guage... christ. when will you people learn....
[post=521785]Quoted post[/post]​

30k daily driven rally inspired car... christ. when will you people learn....

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jul 7 2005, 03:30 PM-->
Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 7 2005, 12:49 AM
pissedoffsol
@Jul 6 2005, 05:19 PM
a/f guage... christ. when will you people learn....
[post=521785]Quoted post[/post]​

30k daily driven rally inspired car... christ. when will you people learn....
[post=521949]Quoted post[/post]​

edit... its not worth it
[post=522243]Quoted post[/post]​

:ph34r: just post it!

i like the blinky light. if not at all useless, it shows the o2 sensor IS working. :p

posol

RETIRED
took the sti today... in AS. got my ass kicked :( i think i ended up in 7th place out of like 9... we'll see once the results get posted.

kept rolling over my front tires. the re070's weren't doing me so well. i miss the azenis :(

all in all, i had fun... but i think im going back to the hatch back. i seriously think i'm faster with it. maybe the car is slower over all, but i feel like i am giving it all it will do.

IMO, time isn't too important- its about driving and getting better at it. we'll see.

Celerity

an AFM gauge CAN have a Parasitic effect. Since I hooked up my autometer I've been getting richness as well. It seems the gauge drops the voltage by maybe .1 to .15 volts, which is enough to screw the pooch. I can't imagine your gauge (At a lower end offering) is doing any better.

Come to think of it, anyone running the Autometer AFM and NOT having problems ?

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
mine isnt on all the time remember, its hooked up to an on/off rocker switch :)

its also powered by the battery. you really think it pulls that much voltage? its not an autometer, its a sunpro.