Clearance Problem???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mylilgsr

Ok so i got a set of CTR Pistons n i have a GSR motor....SO i was talkin to someone at a car show sayin that i planed on puttin the CTR's in with out upgradeing my Vavle train he said well then ure not gonna have enought clearance....SO i my question is what kinda problems am i gonna have if i do put the pistons in....what kinda things am i gonna have to do in order to make the thing run right..????

No, you will not have valve to piston clearance problems unless your head has been milled.

Edit: I just re-read your post and the reason no-one has answered is because your question is retarded, the valvetrain would have nothing to do with the clearances, it keeps you from floating a valve at high rpms. Don't listen to people at car shows, all they know about are bodykits, and those are bad for you..... :ph34r:

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Jun 26 2005, 11:36 PM
No, you will not have valve to piston clearance problems unless your head has been milled.

Edit: I just re-read your post and the reason no-one has answered is because your question is retarded, the valvetrain would have nothing to do with the clearances, it keeps you from floating a valve at high rpms. Don't listen to people at car shows, all they know about are bodykits, and those are bad for you..... :ph34r:
[post=516767]Quoted post[/post]​

HAHA yea body kits r def bad....n thanx for the response i just got a lil scared...im still a noob ya kno

I'd definitely find some cams that are going to help deal with the higher compression. And in that case a new valvetrain would be helpful. Remember to clay the motor to make sure no funny business happens, as the domes on the PCT's are going to be higher than on the gsr pistons. As for the dufus at the car show, that is why God created actual mechanics,as opposed to people that just wished they knew what they were talking about.

Back