Clutch Pics

• Thread starter Thread starter pills_PMD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 2K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
LSD ... yummy
s3e55b10fdb2c3.jpg

hondata intake manifold gasket:
s3e55b0dfc0514.jpg

exedy ITR organic disk:
s3e55b12a52756.jpg

exedy ITR pressure plate:
s3e55b1406ade3.jpg

bolted up:
s3e55b18a1a4d3.jpg

Never saw one before it was used and abused. Very nice, looks like a regular street/strip disc.

Very nice. It should still be just as smooth as the ITR unit, right?

yes. it engages a bit stiffer than my b16 clutch did, but that is expected. the ITR one was slightly stiffer and this is stronger than that, but it feels like OEM quality.. i didn't drive it really hard yet obviously :) but it felt very nice for the little driving i did

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 20 2003, 11:38 PM
yes. it engages a bit stiffer than my b16 clutch did, but that is expected. the ITR one was slightly stiffer and this is stronger than that, but it feels like OEM quality.. i didn't drive it really hard yet obviously :) but it felt very nice for the little driving i did

Cool. My ACT is significantly stiffer than anything I've driven at a dealership, but it's still livable- I'm just curious how it compares to your setup.

nice pills! did you have to trim your hondata gasket, where the ports are? i did not when i put mine on, but someone told me i should have... it was hard to see, but it looked like it lined up ok with the head.

cool beanz y0!.. im shopping for clutches right now.. i just wanna know.. why exedy?? and not act or cm or "insert whatever brand here" ??

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 21 2003, 02:17 AM
Cool. My ACT is significantly stiffer than anything I've driven at a dealership, but it's still livable- I'm just curious how it compares to your setup.

is that a 6 puck calesta?

Originally posted by paragus@Feb 21 2003, 06:14 PM
cool beanz y0!.. im shopping for clutches right now.. i just wanna know.. why exedy?? and not act or cm or "insert whatever brand here" ??

he said in a diffrent post that he new a guy that could get only exedy clutches for cheap

I've posted this before -but I love the Exedy stuff. If you look every high end Japanese tuner runs them. The flywheel clutch combo makes a mind blowing differnce, as far as N/A stuff goes. I can get them for a great price too. I can get others cheaper but with Exedy I definately felt it was worth the money. Our project cars will use them from now on. It's going to break the bank on our S2K though.

no it's actually that i dont trust ACT or clutchmasters.

it's my dad's shop that get's exedy clutches for cost.

daikin makes most of the OEM clutches for japanese cars and i trust OEM quality.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 23 2003, 11:00 PM
japan makes the best car parts... i thought it was abundantly obvious....

I hope you meant for "mild builds" Adam, b/c OEM Japan (stuff from Honda) isn't always the best. :) IMO that is.

Back