Computer screens damage your eyesight?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

easyheimer

I actually went to the eye doctor for a routine checkup the other day (Turns out i still have 20/20 vision), and since i work on computers ALL DAY, just being curious I decided to ask him if computer screens hurt peoples eyesights. He actually started laughing and told me there is no way a computer screen can damage your eyesight, and even if you were on it in the dark for hours and hours with no other lighting, it still would not hurt your eyesight, but just put strain on your eyes. I was kind of relieved cause i value my good vision, and just wondered if i would have to adjust the time i was on a computer. He actually told me there are tons of other people that are on a computer far more than me and still have 20/20 vision. So now i continue on the computer.... :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
I actually went to the eye doctor for a routine checkup the other day (Turns out i still have 20/20 vision), and since i work on computers ALL DAY, just being curious I decided to ask him if computer screens hurt peoples eyesights. He actually started laughing and told me there is no way a computer screen can damage your eyesight, and even if you were on it in the dark for hours and hours with no other lighting, it still would not hurt your eyesight, but just put strain on your eyes. I was kind of relieved cause i value my good vision, and just wondered if i would have to adjust the time i was on a computer. He actually told me there are tons of other people that are on a computer far more than me and still have 20/20 vision. So now i continue on the computer.... :laugh:

thats assuming you dont have your face literally plastered to the screen, staring, brightness on max and an old CRT that gives off lots of radiation :blink:

then again i could be wrong. it just will damaged everything else :wink:

Yeah my eyesight has actually gotten better in my years. I'm trying to get to a lower prescription. LCDs helped a lot there.

(I have terrible eyesight, like 1/20)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

thats assuming you dont have your face literally plastered to the screen, staring, brightness on max and an old CRT that gives off lots of radiation :blink:

then again i could be wrong. it just will damaged everything else :wink:

LOL, i've never heard of a Radioactive CRT Monitor...

ditto on what B said. All TVs require an EMI shield or some sort because old cathode tubes accelerate electrons. if you sit too close to the old ones or one without shields, the electrons will bounce off ur eyes and cause lost.

even if you dont get bad eyes sight, some people start to get seizures froms starting at the tube too long.

Back