Crx Rim Sizes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RFHOMI2U

I'm about to put in my coilovers, and the drop will be approximately 3". How big of a rim can I put on my car (still have stock rims) without the rims tucking and rubbing? i was thinking 16's or 17's but since the rims i'm looking at are not returnable, I don't want to get the wrong size. The idea here is to keep my car with a lowered look, and still have descent sized rims.

16's. Heres why:

1.) 17's on a civic are rice
2.) Weight, you can shave a couple 10ths of a second of your quarter with 16's
3.) your car WILL look lower with 16's
4.) 17's look odd in a civic wheel well, mis proportioned to the size of the car too

Thats my input.

16"s if looks are REALLY important to you, otherwise go with 15"s. 17"s are rediculous on a Civic. I can see them on an Accord that is just a cruiser and only weigh 15lbs, but that's still a little overdone.

My buddies crx is dropped 2" and his 16's rub but not too much. I would definitly go no bigger than 16"s though.

if you go w/ 17's you will have to get a camber kit. without the camber your tire will be destoryed pretty quickly.

dude i used 18's on mine for show only but i drive with 15's and they look great on my but it's only a 1.2 drop. but i also show my car. 16's will rub if you go too wide of width. don't go big for daily driving.

Originally posted by mwasnp@Mar 21 2003, 06:14 PM
16's. Heres why:

1.) 17's on a civic are rice
2.) Weight, you can shave a couple 10ths of a second of your quarter with 16's
3.) your car WILL look lower with 16's
4.) 17's look odd in a civic wheel well, mis proportioned to the size of the car too

Thats my input.

17s aren't rice. My car has 17s. My car is not rice. the 3'' drop would be the rice part. The misproportioning can be done on purpose to exaggerate the size of the wheel if you like the way that looks.

as for responding to the real post.
1. I would consider only doing a 1.5'' - 2'' drop. That extra inch can cause quite a bit of problems.
2. I doubt 17s will fit under a 3'' drop
3. 16s might fit, but also will probably rub/camber.
4. if your heart is set on down 3'', I'd go with 15s or 16s.
5. if you get 16s MAKE SURE you get the right OFFSET and the right WHEEL WIDTH. I believe the right thickness is 7 inches.

dude mines dropped like 3.5 inches,( which i hate) but i have 16's and they dont rub at all. but if i was u, i owuld get either 15's or 16's. for one there lighter and u'll be faster and for two, no rubbage.!@

Here's my 16's on my car that was dropped about 1.5"... Looks pretty good, I think.

front11-18-01.JPG

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Apr 6 2003, 02:34 AM
Here's my 16's on my car that was dropped about 1.5"... Looks pretty good, I think.

front11-18-01.JPG

thats exactly the same wheels i have. hell yeah. mines dropped alot more tho

my rex has 17's on it and its not ricey, looks perfect, 16's i think are to small for show, and 18's are to big for the wheelwell, the 17" has a diameter that fits the wheelwell exactly as it should, the whole wheel well is i think around 25" wide or around there, now u take that and subtract 17 for the rim size and thenanother 5 or 6 for the added on tire size and it gives you roughly the same curve as the wheel well, when you run 18's thats when it starts lookin funny, and i personally think 15 and 16's are a waste of money but im all for show, juss my 411
but if i was you i would run 17's

Nice hatch. I didn't think 16's would look so big. Nice. I'll go 16's. Sounds like a good idea. Thanks a lot for all the input guys.

It all depends on what you want... if you wanna go autoxing then get a bigger wheel with a lower profile tire... it isnt rice if the smaller sidewall is better for handling.. just my .02.

Originally posted by WhItE90CRX@Apr 10 2003, 06:12 PM
It all depends on what you want... if you wanna go autoxing then get a bigger wheel with a lower profile tire... it isnt rice if the smaller sidewall is better for handling.. just my .02.

you have a lot to learn

Back