crx si project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Travisl

starting with a completly stiped shell. pics soon to come. Plus howdo i take the sun roof of i need to fix it one side wont go down

havent taken one apart in a while but im pretty sure its some alan keys you gotta use. someone will correct my im sure... or mikey bottles may come on and agree with my if he still browses through. who knows. im pretty sure the sunroof is alan keys or 8mm, been like 2 summers since I messed with one.

starting with a completly stiped shell. pics soon to come. Plus howdo i take the sun roof of i need to fix it one side wont go down

it's the actuator on the passenger's side if it won't go down; had the same in my '89. couldn't figure out a way to repair it; the thing that's broken doesn't look replaceable; though you can yank out the sunroof assembly and replace with another from a junk yard. can't remember what hardware was required but it wasn't that hard to get out - remember that. good luck with yours.

tr1.jpg

tr.jpg

tr2.jpg

tr3.jpg

tr4.jpg

tr5.jpg

Just got some si door pannels for it. Dose any one who lives in wichita know of a good body shop or know where i could get full coilovers at, I want stock for now so i can get the body repaired. there is no suspension just has three shock towers. Dose any one know where i can get the back corner glass at.

Last edited:
i had glass for you last fall, lol. look around craigslist, put it in your sig here on HS what you're looking for; some will turn up.

:thumbsup:

when you said project you meant it! I hope this comes along well. def check craigslist and ebay. this site seems to have a ton of parts laying around. so keep your eyes open.

yeah but i payed 50 bucks for it.its going to be a fun project

yeah but i payed 50 bucks for it.its going to be a fun project

damn that car is muffed up! certainly not worth more than the $50 you paid lol. good luck gettin it back together though! i know i wouldn't try to bring back to life somethin that was that far gone : |

you know...that rex i could get behind you chopping the back out of...and i don't say that lightly.

coilovers.jpg

you know...that rex i could get behind you chopping the back out of...and i don't say that lightly.
wat? Just got a set of coilovers and a passenger window form the junk yard, cost me $100 but nowi can get the car off the ground. Hopeing to put them on tommrow.

Last edited:
getting the sunroof out is a bit of a project usually.. but you've got no interior in the car so itll be nice and simple.. the frame of the sunroof bolts into the roof... dont remember how many.. i think 4-6 bolts... then the whole thing should drop down as an assembly

no motor but im looking at wat motor i wanna put in it. but i just got pulled over for speeding the only time i dont speed and i get a ticket for it

you might wanna get a new hatch lid to,the beautiful purple bubble tint ruins the back defroster if you try to peel it.i work at a detail shop and when we remove that shit it takes with it the metal strips that heat up for defrost.

you might wanna get a new hatch lid to,the beautiful purple bubble tint ruins the back defroster if you try to peel it.i work at a detail shop and when we remove that shit it takes with it the metal strips that heat up for defrost.

ive always wondered what that shit was when i saw it on cars..
its the poor mans tint?

ive alomost got all the coilovers on but one Fing bolt. the head broke off now i have to figer a way to get it off.

Back