D16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
JBHonda- contact Intercrew Auto Salon. They built my engine, and they can also build one damn mean D16 if you want. They're the ones who built the D16 pushing 240whp... and it's getting much more powerful as soon as the new turbo setup goes on, and it gets enough fuel. The guy who owns it actually works in the shop- hell he probably did part of my engine swap. If you want a bulletproof D16 on boost, Intercrew's definitely one place to look up.

Oh yeah- call them at 214-575-6288. Tell them that Michael sent you.

Thank you Calesta, that was exactly what I was looking for. From their site there is no way to know how precise they are. I was seriously unimpressed with the lack of real information there.

Actually, putting parts in your freezer might make them easyer to get on (pistons, wrist pins, stuff like that) but freezing them in yourwill do jack shit other then make your shit .0001 % smaller for about 20 minutes.

But liquid N2 is not -400 degrees because your are past absolute zero (cant get colder then that, everthing stops and falls apart at that temp) Absolute zero happens at -396 F degrees. not sure what the actual temp of liquid n2 is but it is not -400

Thank you guys for your help. I look forward to your help in the near future. Calesta , im going to call them and see what they do for me. :worthy: <-- to all that have helped me. Thank you again

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jan 9 2003, 09:43 PM
Thank you Calesta, that was exactly what I was looking for. From their site there is no way to know how precise they are. I was seriously unimpressed with the lack of real information there.

I didn't hit the site... I just knew what he was talking about, since I've done it before.

Originally posted by JBHonda@Jan 9 2003, 11:25 PM
Thank you guys for your help. I look forward to your help in the near future. Calesta , im going to call them and see what they do for me. :worthy: <-- to all that have helped me. Thank you again

Sure thing. Let me know what they said- just tell them that "Mike told me about Daniel's setup, and I want something similar".

:D

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 9 2003, 10:36 PM
Actually, putting parts in your freezer might make them easyer to get on (pistons, wrist pins, stuff like that) but freezing them in yourwill do jack shit other then make your shit .0001 % smaller for about 20 minutes.

But liquid N2 is not -400 degrees because your are past absolute zero (cant get colder then that, everthing stops and falls apart at that temp) Absolute zero happens at -396 F degrees. not sure what the actual temp of liquid n2 is but it is not -400

I believe Rankine measures down to like -459 R or something like that... not sure about Fahrenheit, but you're right- 0K is -273 Celcius.

Originally posted by JBHonda@Jan 10 2003, 12:35 AM
what is his setup? cause I was wanting more than 240 whp

240 whp is a shit load of hp. Unless you are paying 400 a tire for some good street slicks, unless your a good driver (dont say "no one beats me, I am race worrior God" kind of thing,) going over that is pointless because all you will have is wheel spin. True if your going to be running slicks, you might be able to harness more but it is pointless

not only that, going anyhigher will not be streetable, will not be reliaible, and will not be practical (lots of money) again as we have all said 20380239 times, the b series engines car go above that 240 and still be streetable.

I have a friend, that is running approx. 260whp outa his Turbo GSR. he is running lame tires and it drives fine on street.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 10 2003, 12:06 AM
not only that, going anyhigher will not be streetable, will not be reliaible, and will not be practical (lots of money) again as we have all said 20380239 times, the b series engines car go above that 240 and still be streetable.

I doubt that... he's pushing 240whp and it's his daily driver. He was only looking for more because he wasn't able to flow enough fuel over 5500rpm, and after that he wasn't making enough boost for his liking. It's a full show car with a killer turbo setup- he's looking for 12s because it's "good enough" for a show car. It's his daily driver too. He has no problems driving it around town all the time... I don't see why you couldn't put quite a bit more down to the ground and still be streetable on a D16.

idk but my homie ran a 12.9 in his daily drivin eg hatch wit a boosted z6. cammed with oem rods and a basemap tune... 16psi.. and we raggd on that hoe alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back