Drifting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What is drifting.... aside from fish-tailing, is it anything different? Anyone got good drifting footage? aight i need this broken down into LAMENS terms... thanx

drifting isn't about fishtailing or loosing control. its about STYLE and CONTROL. its not a race in who's first- its a race in points... kinda like figure skating.

It is a controlled slide in which you force your back end around, and you slide sideways into a turn so you are facing the direction at the end of the turn and go straight. It is kinda hard to explain without a diagram. So basically it's "like" fishtailing, but induced by the driver.

http://www.geocities.com/howtosection/drifting.html

Good diagram there. Of course you will need to slide more sideways if trying to go around like a 90+ degree turn, which is why the japanese started to do it on purpose(lots of mountain roads all over japan).

yeah it's the art of keeping your car in control while it's completely...outta control, it's somthing i'm sure people don't wanna see suburban american kids bastardize that too.... it's really not a FF sport for obvious reasons, but yeah if you want drifting videos just get on kazaa and type in 'drifting' a shitload of stuff will come up

Oh yeah, that's what I forgot to mention. If you slide in a forward-drive car, most people do not consider it drifting. Mostly because when you slide it out, the RWD or AWD will exert force from the rear tires and actually create and maintain the slide. In a FWD, you have to cheat it a bit by using the e-brake(unless it's slippery out).

you guys are all wrong!

everybody knows drifting is when you take your moms stratus in the mall parking lot and rip your ebrake

kaaks

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 12 2003, 03:14 PM
you guys are all wrong!

everybody knows drifting is when you take your moms stratus in the mall parking lot and rip your ebrake

kaaks

damn dude- youve been on here for like 9 days and already have over 250 posts

30 posts per day :eek:

Ok thats what i though.. i wanna learn but i got a front wheel drive.. and brand new tires!! SNAPS. o well, i will try it sometime. I see a drfting competition starting up!

Originally posted by SolReaver+Jan 12 2003, 03:49 PM-->
prawjEKt Cx
@Jan 12 2003, 03:14 PM
you guys are all wrong!  

kaaks

damn dude- youve been on here for like 9 days and already have over 250 posts

30 posts per day :eek:

yeah don't knock my posting too bad, this is only the 3rd or 4th time i've posted in this anything goes forum itself... the reason why i have so much time on my hands is because i'm going into the airforce in 16 days, and i havn't been working, so i sit around on hondaswap. good way to spend my time home.

driving vid thread

heres some

Great example

Drifting is not really the fastest way to turn but it works great for blocking out your compeditors, takes some major skill to keep the car under control, other wise your car will look like this.
skyline_050902_01.jpg

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 12 2003, 07:02 PM
driving vid thread

heres some

Great example

Drifting is not really the fastest way to turn but it works great for blocking out your compeditors, takes some major skill to keep the car under control, other wise your car will look like this.
skyline_050902_01.jpg

*sob*

"WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!"

the spoiler is still good, I am going to put that on my sol just like that, keep it blue with my white car. Guys can you tell me how to put the engine in my car? :) B) :D :p :eek: :lol:

Back