drill out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mattyg2

ok i was trying to change my end cap plug and these bolts broke and the thread is really deep in there because the bolt is really long and im not even sure the drill out extractor will reach in that far
bolt.jpg

i also have a broken bolt on my oil pan that i will have to extract

this is what i bought to fix it http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...32&category=303 no i didnt buy it from ebay, i bought it from sears and i have it with me right now.

so im asking would this work? also im not absolutely sure how to use it

just bring the head to a machine shop and let them drill it out and helicoil it. shouldnt cost to much 50-100 bucks id say.

Originally posted by driver1@Jul 24 2005, 09:11 PM
just bring the head to a machine shop and let them drill it out and helicoil it. shouldnt cost to much 50-100 bucks id say.
[post=530605]Quoted post[/post]​

there is no way i can just bring my head, because i need to drive everyday so i cant have that much downtime and i dont even know how to take off a head

i'm actually in the same boat. One of my cam cap end bolts broke too and was looking into how to extract the bolt, but mine broke further. Bump for some help, never extracted a broken bolt either.

Originally posted by Mattyg2@Jul 24 2005, 06:52 PM
this is what i bought to fix it http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...32&category=303 no i didnt buy it from ebay, i bought it from sears and i have it with me right now.

so im asking would this work? also im not absolutely sure how to use it
[post=530570]Quoted post[/post]​

That kit should work fine, a buddy of mine had a very similar problem and bought that exact same set and it took care of it fine. Fuck paying someone $50-100 to fix that shit, if you got the kit and a power drill your golden. Downtime sucks, and you sure as hell don't want any downtime for taking out a broken bolt/screw. Good luck on the fix!

HatchSpeed, I have a cyclinder head for the LS I am selling.. you should just buy the head off me. Its got no broken bolts in it - Comes with cam caps and bolts

Back