ePhone and eFax

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Anyone on here use the phone over IP or eFax service where you have a fax number but the fax goes directly to your inbox?
I know there was some type of phone service that would relay voicemails to your inbox in a similar manner.
Any ideas?

We use EasyLink (OpenText) at my place
Seems to work well for us, but we have a ton of lines set up on it all around the country. Not sure if it would be a good option for a single line or a few lines

Google Voice does free voicemail transcription that can be emailed to you along with the recording itself.

RingCentral bought eFax or some similarly named company when I had it, so my service was moved over to RC. Not a terrible service for ~$80/yr. They can fax and receive fax to/from emails.

Looking into this ePhone thing again, everything seems to be running $20/month and up.
Might have to use my cell phone for now.

For phone, I use a raspberry pi running raspbx and didlogic.net's DID and termination services. I've got a grandstream 2-line SIP phone and a really old wifi sip handset that I think Linksys or D-Link made.

If you want fax too, there's a plugin for FreePBX that will run on a raspberry pi that will receive faxes and email them to you. All for the cost of a DID and their license ($150.00 for 25 year license or $65.00 for a 1 year license) which allows you to fax in and out.

Back