GSR into a CRX DX?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wow. my first REAL question!
ok, i found out i can get a gsr swap for a great price from a friend of my cousin. my cousin also knows someone who has done succesful swaps in other hondas (including his). i just want to know if this might end up being a nightmare (OBD2 engine into an OBD0 car)...or am i worrying about nothing?

you have a right to be worried.

IMO, the easiest thing to do would be to convert the engine to obd1, as well as your car. then drop it in.

so, youd want to run an obd0-1 ecu conversion, and obd1 ecu, obd1 distributor, injectors.

then, you need to pick up a b16 sir cable tranny.

hmm sounds like too much trouble for an extra 10hp and 15ftlbs of torque. thanks for the info B. think im gonna stick with the b16. too bad, the gsr swap is about the same price cause the guy needs to sell it. i dont know how good my cousin's swap guy is when it comes to re-wiring either.

id say do the GSR... yeah its only 10 and 15 to start but those numbers go up quite a bit with mods.... find out how good the swap guys wiring skills are and if hes up to it i would definatly take the B18C1

hmm yea maybe i should find out if he has done anything like that before...and if they would have a b16 cable tranny available.

i just thought of something....would i have to give up my air conditioning if i got the b18c? it gets hella hot here in socal.

at LEAST buy it- and sell it. turn a profit on it :p and then get your SiR if that is what you plan to do.

I too, would take the gsr over a b16 anyday

good idea, but i dont wanna take advantage of my cousin's friend though. he actually owns a shop...can u beleive that?! all this time i didnt know i had connections! he sells acesories too like hondata ecu's and skunk2 and aem stuff. that price was only for me cause my cousin is tite with the guy. BTW, i told my cousin about this site. he has a b20 vtec turboed in a '95 civic hb! and he's only 18! the kid is hooked up! :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 27 2002, 02:12 PM
you have a right to be worried.

IMO, the easiest thing to do would be to convert the engine to obd1, as well as your car. then drop it in.

so, youd want to run an obd0-1 ecu conversion, and obd1 ecu, obd1 distributor, injectors.

then, you need to pick up a b16 sir cable tranny.

I love you man.

:huh:

how come you are so smart?
:angry:

Back