Help? EG Hatch with B18C1 swap problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

has anyone ever ran an engine without the bracket? results?

Very bad things will happen. There's a huge piece of metal spinning in circles in the bottom of the engine, this creates huge amounts of torque when you rev the engine, which makes the engine lurch forward on the axis created by the two side mounts, without the rear bracket the only thing holding the engine still are the side mounts ...not good.

lol, i know what the crank is and how much torque it puts out, and ts mounted four times not only twice. the two reg mounts and then the lower more anterior torque mounts. anyways, i would never dare, so I'd like to hear a story of some who did. lol, no one else probably dares either.
back to the thread, can anyone diagnose these sensors and tell me how to wire them in to this EG hatch? the two on the intake manifold are GS-R specific I believe, and maybe even year. oh and that mystery plug for the "fifth" injector

BUMP!

bump, my poor rebuilt engine is just parked cause i cant figured out this erratic idling. help is truly appreciated.

i think you have a plug or two mixed up behind the intake manifold, or you have a dirty iacv. its possible you have a bubble in your coolant too.

Bluejcivic, you were soo right. I had two plugs connected to the throttle body that were backwards. She idles like a charm now.

From what I know....any T-bracket off a 94-01 will work...maybe yours is a bracket off a DA Integra?
Oh I feel dumb, just checked the listing and this one is from a 94 LS auto. The bracket must different between manual and automatic transmissions. Is that right?

Back