Help Me Out....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by MoneyMike@Jan 5 2003, 06:55 PM
i could wait a couple of months and have like another 1-2000 more to put into the motor.......

so... the ls motor is about 1500? what about a trubo system?

what all would i have to do to the motor (internals) to get it strong enough  to hold a decent amount of boost? (not anything crazy but respectable.....know what i mean)

with the ls motor and the internals would i be able to beat or hang with the stang or would i have to wait until the turbo to do either??

so for what i want to do i should get the ls......i want to be 110% sure with this......would the ls/t be the best motor for the job to be a weekend car that can kick a mustangs ass with a ten foot dildo while having power steering?

i dont care about a/c b/c im not drivin the car everyday......

yea, ls swap around 1200-1500.. turbo? dont buy a kit.. goto www.ks-motorsports.com and make your own kit y0!

Internals? I wuld buy some eagle rods, endyn pistons (check classifieds here Brian (pissedoffsol) has rods, pistons and other ls/t parts for sale) and if you want to use anything more then around 12psi on a medium sized turbo.. then get it resleeved, but yu dont have to.. just watch it b/c it will blow the sleeve. Dont buy a delta wastegate..they are known for boost spikes. Since this is a weekend car, I would just buy the ls swap, then a bare block for 200 or so and send it off and have it built while you drive the car.. No a ls will not beat a mustang without boost. Get hondata for full tunability.. tune the mofo out of it and yes, you will be faster then 14.. prolly 13's.. if built right and depending on your parts used and the tuning and most importantly.. how well you can drive.. Get an intercooler to run more then 8-10psi on a 18G (the turbo in the greddy kit). Quaffi has life time warranty and the perfect LSD for the ls/t.

which ls motor is better b18a1 or the b18b1?

yo yall thanks for the help!

oh yea is the ls a direct bolt in?

Originally posted by MoneyMike@Jan 5 2003, 07:35 PM

no, you either need to spend 500 on hasport mounts or get the combo of OEM mounts to make it work.. i believe its the Teg tranny and side motor mount and the 99-00 SI rear mount. I am not sure on it tho!

b18b, its obd 1 and is found in the 94-95 tegs..

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jan 5 2003, 07:58 PM-->
MoneyMike
@Jan 5 2003, 07:35 PM

no, you either need to spend 500 on hasport mounts or get the combo of OEM mounts to make it work.. i believe its the Teg tranny and side motor mount and the 99-00 SI rear mount. I am not sure on it tho!

b18b, its obd 1 and is found in the 94-95 tegs..

Also, the b18b is found in the 96-2000 teg rs/ls/gs/se and is obd2, but will swap in a obd1 vehicle with an ecu swap.

Originally posted by MoneyMike@Jan 6 2003, 12:11 AM
500 bucks for some damn motor mounts damn....how much are the oem?

I was wrong.. B correected me.. just use all 3 teg OEM mounts or sir2 mounts to get it into that chassis. OEM mounts? i say no more then 50-60 each.

so.....all the teg mounts? so about 150-200?

now what about the tranny will it be able to hold the extra power of the turbo?

Originally posted by MoneyMike@Jan 6 2003, 12:32 AM

Yes, it will.. LS tranny is turbo's best friend. Also, later on you can go with a Quaffie LSD and have a life time warranty. (about 900 bucks for one)

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 6 2003, 01:07 AM

Yes, it will.. LS tranny is turbo's best friend. Also, later on you can go with a Quaffie LSD and have a life time warranty. (about 900 bucks for one)

This is currently being debated in This thread. Apparently the stock LS tranny is said to have some durability issues...

i found a jdm b18b for only 900 it is only the "long block" with no tranny off of streetimports.com what do yall think

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jan 6 2003, 01:07 AM-->
MoneyMike
@Jan 6 2003, 12:32 AM

Ok, I have to be an ass an jump in here..... it's spelled QUAIFE

I just didn't want to mislead the poor n00b's B)

-x

Back