how to get bigger brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mygsr

i would like to know what parts could i use to add big brakes using oem honda parts
i read on honda tunning magazine that using some prelude rotors and some legend caliber it could work can any one help me on which parts are going to be needed

i have a 94 civic

Quoted post[/post]]
i would like to know what parts could i use to add big brakes using oem honda parts
i read on honda tunning magazine that using some prelude rotors and some legend caliber it could work can any one help me on which parts are going to be needed

i have a 94 civic

Get a full setup from a 94 GSR. Bigger than civic brakes all the way around. Not ALOT bigger, but bigger, and better quality calipers.

I have heard of 'lude rotors and certain calipers but haven't ever seen anything like that in person.

Yea,l it easiest just to use the GSR parts, and cheaper too.

yea, but that willwood kit is only brackets with bigger rotors right? and you use stock calipers?

i read somewhere about using the lude rotors and other calipers too and i am also very interested in the idea

anyone know where to get more info on this?
i;m gonna have to look through my stack of magazines i think...

http://www.hondavision.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68693
http://teamdelsol.com/technical/howto/bigBrakes/default.asp

Other calipers that can be used are NSX calipers but the directions vary slightly on what caliper brakets to use

With several of the above, you need to first have a 10.4 inch brake setup to begin with (GSR/SI brakes) So it would be smart to first up to the 10.4 setup, drive around see if you like it, and if you feel you need bigger, up to the larger rotor setup. Also, it is highly advisible to jump up to the 15/16th size master cylinder otherwise the pedal will have a ton of pedal travel before they actually engage. Easiest way to do this is to buy a 15/16th mastercylinder from a 91 civic EX 4 door..

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=364783

Oh and this belongs in the Brake Section....:moved:

Quoted post[/post]]
yea, but that willwood kit is only brackets with bigger rotors right? and you use stock calipers?
No, the Wilwood kit also comes with the 4pot dynalite calipers for that price. Advise you'll need 16" wheels for that kit.

Quoted post[/post]]
use the nsx dual pistion calip on the lude rotors everything swaps in
The legend calipers are identical to the NSX calipers with slightly larger pistons. You would have to redrill the prelude rotors to make them 4x100.

And, +1 to everything asmallsol said.

Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]
use the nsx dual pistion calip on the lude rotors everything swaps in
The legend calipers are identical to the NSX calipers with slightly larger pistons. You would have to redrill the prelude rotors to make them 4x100.

Legend calipers are slightly diffrent in that they do not have cooling vaines and the NSX calipers do however they are also like twice the money as legend calipers, but as you said, they do have slightly more piston surface area

you just said you read in honda tuning about the swap, i have that mag too, dont ask what parts you need, IT SAYS IT ALL IN THE ARTICLE! read it again and make a parts list.

the mag has a BLACK JDM EF Civic on the front with a massive intercooler in the front bumper. and the cover says BOOSTED. i cant remember the month but thats the cover to look for. have fun.

nsx calipers/rotors.

dsc3792a3qx.jpg

dsc3793a9wj.jpg

dsc2957a3ca.jpg

Back