I did a thing.. '19 ZL1 1LE Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hehe

kj8JE0B.jpg

mLlXKqb.jpg

2019 has been a fun year! I've done 13 track days with the Camaro and spent >$8k in consumables, not including gas. While the car is insanely capable and fun to drive, my focus is on seat time and learning and I don't think the Camaro is my best option. I've decided I'm going to shop for something lightweight, RWD, manual transmission, minimal nannies, easy on consumables, and has room to grow as my driving progresses. I'm thinking the answer is S2000.

If you want to be slow, sure.
Fair, was just thinking of small RWD cars that handle well, and Miata was already mentioned.

Does it have to be US road legal?
Radical
Ultima
Caterham

As I was reading your post I was thinking "He needs an S2K.." lol

I have a few test drives this weekend but I'm leaning this way

FRS / BRZ / 86

I'm going to drive one this weekend

So are you selling the Camaro and losing 47 grand or just buying another toy?

Uh wut? Yes planning on selling the Camaro

Fair, was just thinking of small RWD cars that handle well, and Miata was already mentioned.

Does it have to be US road legal?
Radical
Ultima
Caterham

ND also on the list this weekend. I'd prefer it to be US road legal, but if I don't like anything I drive this weekend or find a reasonably clean s2k.. a kit car/built track car might be what I look at next.

Also... I heard they are bringing the s2k back next year for a 1 off special run

Back