I did a thing.. '19 ZL1 1LE Build

Matts96HB

VIP
I like the GTR but I don’t think it’s anything special. Guess it doesn’t help that I live in an area where GTRs are every friggin where.

New car > GTR

You need to find a church and remove the hood.
There are a ton of GTRs in DFW, too. I really enjoyed owning that car but it was time for something new. I'm currently on the hunt for a church with that deep, deep south vibe..

So as mentioned previously, the NT01s lasted about 3 track days and 1700 street miles before they wound up looking like this:
20190624_195258.jpg 20190624_195336.jpg

No bueno. I got a set of used Goodyear Supercar 3Rs for a decent price, so I'm going to run those for my next two events (hopefully) and a few street miles. I've got it up on jack stands for a bunch of maintenance:
  • Flush rear differential
  • Change transmission fluid (going to RP Synchromax)
  • Change oil & filter (going to run Mobil 1 15w50 full time because Texas)
  • Bleed brakes with new Castrol SRF
  • Install brake cooling ducts
I'll hopefully have everything buttoned up tonight. I'll try to remember to snap some pics.

Matts96HB

VIP
So, talk to us about the wrap. What/How much/When/Who/etc?
I had the wrap done in March by a shop called WrapMastersTX. The pattern is called "Jumbo Shadow Black Camo" and is printed on 3M vinyl. The guy who runs it is a friend of mine and usually cuts me a decent deal on any vinyl work. Total cost was $2,500 for this wrap (note my GTR was ~$1,800) because it's a patterned wrap and it's kind of a bitch to line the sides up. It took him about a week to get it done.

If you want to go the DIY route, the materials alone were ~$1,100 and it is a time consuming process to lay it down by yourself. If you're looking for a cheap alternative to paint, there's also this: http://www.autoflexcoatings.com/. It is sprayed on like paint (which means you don't have to remove a bunch of panels, lights, etc.) but peels off like a wrap. I have a friend that sprayed his GTR and I think the cost of material was about the same as a wrap.

Matts96HB

VIP
Yeah, hopefully that doesn't happen. GM really does have certain things figured out, then other areas really make one wonder.. lol

wow that first guy drove his camaro like a gorilla.
I need to post up some footage of my hand movements while I drive. It does require some man handling. But maybe not gorilla handling..

He sure liked those Curbs..
I am avoiding curbs at all costs now.. this car doesn't hold an alignment for shit lol