I wrote a turbo Article for you all...here you go.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I havent read it yet, but that yellow with white text is REALLY hard to read. You should think about changing the text to black, or using a red background. I'm just being picky :p .

Very informative article. Especially the part about the wastegate spring weight.

This should be stickied or something :)

Great job!

Nice, I like the B16A being dominate part :)

didnt have time to read the full but appears to be very detailed and well researched. Nice write up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

its not researched. haha. Its all out of my head, i wrote the entire thing in like 2 hours. Just wanted to get it all out.

Jeff

nice stuff Jeff, very informative :)

hey jeff i have a question- if i'm going to run moderate levels of boost in my car (~12 psi) when i replace my stock pistons with IB spec, do your pistons already calculate for .0035" of clearence or do i need to have my block machined to provide it like you recommened?

Mostly factual. I won't bother arguing where you're wrong, though. Tip: Stay away from "I know a guy who..." statements. I don't care how smart you are; hearing that makes me laugh and ignore the rest of the sentence.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Apr 28 2004, 05:22 PM
Mostly factual. I won't bother arguing where you're wrong, though. Tip: Stay away from "I know a guy who..." statements. I don't care how smart you are; hearing that makes me laugh and ignore the rest of the sentence.

yeah I agree with you, that looks cornball. I was typing too fast, got carried away. I will take that out.

And to slammed:

When ordering stock bore, you can check the clearance. as long as its like 4.5k down to like 3.2 k it is fine.

Jeff

Good article, not highly technical, so I personally agree with Loco that it is not worth pointing out little things on. It is a really informative article that is aimed at newcomers to the turbo world, and for that matter, the engine building world. Seeing that most people drawn to the import scene are kids that wanna go fast, it isn't uncommon to hear some of the kids I know using buzz phrases like "boosting XX lbs" or "my car has this much hp, and so therefore will stomp on your XX", or they talk about how fast looking this slammed car was, and how the owner told them that he just put a turbo system and is running XX boost. Hopefully a lot of noobs will read that and make choices about what THEY want to do with there cars, and not just look for the big show off hp numbers and bodykits that will only boost their ego. I am not considering even thinking about boosting the teg I have anytime in the next few years, but the questions you asked in your article can apply to any type of motor build, whether it is boost or NA. Good read, and hopefully it will get alot of attention by the up and coming tuners on hondaswap.

:thumbsup:

Back