JDM question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

El Capitan

Hey, ill be swaping a motor into my 97 hatch, i've been thinking about goin JDM but will there be a problem between the harnesses because ones for right hand drive and the other isn't? or what other problems would i encounter?

Thanks in advance :D

use your stock harness and just add the vtec wiring if you have to. i swapped a motor in my 97 civic and i used my stock harness

alrighty,

one more quick question if i have the ECU from both the old engine D16, and im getting a B16B with one as well which should i use?

Originally posted by El Capitan@Jun 29 2005, 06:59 PM
alrighty,

one more quick question if i have the ECU from both the old engine D16, and im getting a B16B with one as well which should i use?
[post=518376]Quoted post[/post]​

Use the B16B ECU of course...and damn, your gettin a type r motor huh? :thumbsup:

Originally posted by El Capitan@Jun 29 2005, 09:59 PM
alrighty,

[post=518376]Quoted post[/post]​

dude for sure the b16b ecu man i think you might have some problems with that jdm ecu (still learning about ecus) but you can use a chipped p30 or a chipped p28 i am not to sure about the b16b ecus good luck with that post some pics when you get it done!

you wont have any problems with the stock B16B ecu. The D series harness is prewired for vtec (atleast the 5g civics are) just add knock sensor wire, switch a couple in the harness and your golden. You migh not have to switch any but I am just speakin from my experience when I did my SIR G swap.

Originally posted by n1mr0d@Jun 30 2005, 06:11 AM
you wont have any problems with the stock B16B ecu. The D series harness is prewired for vtec (atleast the 5g civics are) just add knock sensor wire, switch a couple in the harness and your golden. You migh not have to switch any but I am just speakin from my experience when I did my SIR G swap.
[post=518451]Quoted post[/post]​

He has a 97 :|

Back