Just a little information

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tcoker79

Hey everyone! New to the site and came across this information this morning from this thread.

https://hondaswap.com/civic-crx-ew/need-know-what-cars-i-can-pull-few-parts-462962/

"
Grab the front calipers/rotors from a 1g teg.
You could probably use the (female) seat belts too.
Ecu from a 1g teg if yours is an SI and keep it 5spd/same animal. Actually the whole engine/trans and supporting bracketry/wiring/cooling from a 1g teg.
Whole rear suspension/cables from a 1g teg swap the rear brakes at your leisure. Maybe a 40/40 2g teg prop valve.
Look for headers..
" " Performance mufflers
" " larger rims with same bolt pattern/offset (4x100)
" " early B series resister box injectors

and of course, money/guns under the seats, in trunks"

Was curious and would like more information on the ecu swap and possibly engine swap (my CRX is 1987 SI)

Welcome to the site. There are a few options for swaps in a 1G many of which can be found via a search. If you give me some idea on your goals and more importantly your budget, I can try to assist you.

The stock EW is quite a durable and somewhat peppy engine which can be modified to deliver 100+ whp with alterations to IHE, cam and some tweaking to timing. The easiest swap will be the d16 browntop found in the '86-87 integra.

There's no sense in swapping ECU's IMO

Elliot

Back