K20A swap into a 92 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

QUICK QUESTION, I KNOW THAT A K20, NOT THE TYPE R, IS A GREAT ENGINE AND IS AN EXPENSIVE SWAP. IF I HAD A CIVIC HB WITH A STOCK K20 AND A CIVIC HB WITH A STOCK INTEGRA TYPE R ENGINE, WHICH WOULD BE FASTER? IM PRETTY SURE I KNO THE ANSWER BUT MY FRIEND IS TELLN ME OTHERWISE....HELP ME OUT....THANX

Quoted post[/post]]
QUICK QUESTION, I KNOW THAT A K20, NOT THE TYPE R, IS A GREAT ENGINE AND IS AN EXPENSIVE SWAP. IF I HAD A CIVIC HB WITH A STOCK K20 AND A CIVIC HB WITH A STOCK INTEGRA TYPE R ENGINE, WHICH WOULD BE FASTER? IM PRETTY SURE I KNO THE ANSWER BUT MY FRIEND IS TELLN ME OTHERWISE....HELP ME OUT....THANX

Wow, bump from the past. K20a2 from an RSX-S would own the B18. It's not the stock vs stock that you should be looking it. It's the IHE + IHE. K20 responds SOOOOO much better than the B.

Steve

ok thats a good choice cuz you could make abou 500 hp on 20 psi with a stock motor you could get wiring from r-crew thats were i got mines from n they also have the headers and get the mount from hasport n you good to go its not that complicated i di mines with my friend n got it running in couple of hours........

ok thats a good choice cuz you could make abou 500 hp on 20 psi with a stock motor you could get wiring from r-crew thats were i got mines from n they also have the headers and get the mount from hasport n you good to go its not that complicated i di mines with my friend n got it running in couple of hours........

Start checking the dates on stuff before you post from now on. This thread hadn't been posted in for almost 2 years...

How do you even find these threads!?

They are soo old that you would almost have to be searching for them and it says in big RED letters that the thread is old.

" I'm not even mad. I'm amazed "

and still going! lol

k20 eg's are overated :p but incredibly fast.

i went nose to nose with one in a Lotus Esprit S4 once when i had to deliver it out a customer. its was easy to tell that it was a k20 cause they guy had the hood notched out and i could see the valve cover stickin out.

coulda been a k24/k20 hybrid too though.
he kept up with me till about 130 then i pulled off about a car lenght before we slowed.

please, just let it die. It's like trying to keep a 120 man going. He just wants to die. Let it go with some dignity.

if you r ganna do any swap it should be a ls v-tec turbo it will smash a k20 and it would be a hell of a lot cheaper :ph34r:

a lsvtec turbo? no shit it will smoke a k20 your spending more money on the k20 then alot of other swaps ill admit, but in the long run h and k's are the future my h turbo smokes FULLY built b16 and b18s around here

for the love of god, please stop drinking the kool-aid.

this kid is rediculous i havent seen him post one thing about a car he says a bunch of 4th grade remarks trying to be funny NO ONE EVER LAUGHS

hey bro i think you should do the k20 swap i have a k swap in my eg and i love it its well worth is having 6 gears is awesome

ek k20

here is what i did on a 2000 ek, the only thing i want to do to it is have ac in it. im told i can use same things as the rsx and tweak out the ac lines by a shop that can bend ac lines and stuff like that.

Attachments

• SAM_0412.JPG
    SAM_0412.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 391
  • SAM_0417.JPG
    SAM_0417.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 420
  • SAM_0422.JPG
    SAM_0422.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 350
I had started a fully built h22 project for turbo application, I have since changed my mind and have traded the h22 for a stock k20a2 motor, I will be running this motor stock for awhile. In the near future I will also have the K fully built for boost, my question is I have a few left over parts from my H project and I want to know if any of these parts are compatible with the K, they are as follows.1) aem fuel rail 2) Rc 1000 injectors 3) Hondata map sensor 4) act clutch kit. Please I need some good advice....

I had started a fully built h22 project for turbo application, I have since changed my mind and have traded the h22 for a stock k20a2 motor, I will be running this motor stock for awhile. In the near future I will also have the K fully built for boost, my question is I have a few left over parts from my H project and I want to know if any of these parts are compatible with the K, they are as follows.1) aem fuel rail 2) Rc 1000 injectors 3) Hondata map sensor 4) act clutch kit. Please I need some good advice....

Maybe the MAP, a calender might help too.

Back