K20A2 EG Project Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by k-series+Jul 24 2005, 05:33 PM-->
MikeBergy
@Jul 24 2005, 12:43 PM
Awesome. Why DRAG brakes? Are those lighter duty? Are you just going to drag this?
[post=530416]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, if you read through the thread you would have seen that it's a drag only track car. :)

Steve
[post=530524]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, my bad. seems like a waste of good circuit racer to me. But props to you, I wish I had that kind of cash.

Thats awesome man! Hope you get it running good and be sure to let us know how big-a-bitch it is to do this kind of swap into an eg....NOT that anyone else can do anything but salivate over it, But at least we will know....lol

More teardown pics. I hope to be ready for cage installation in no more than 2 weeks.

No Fenders, bumpers, sideskirts or molding:

eg_teardown1.jpg

eg_teardown2.jpg

Engine Closeup:

eg_teardown3.jpg

Steve

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 1 2005, 08:19 PM
Good luck with the swap, I hear they are very rewarding.
[post=534218]Quoted post[/post]​

Have one in my town.... Runs Very Well.. k20 in 5g Hatch.

Runs a little bit likt 12.2 @ 109 mph and yes thats the quarter. All motor.

Check out NDRA's website. Took second at NOPI in Tenn. His name is Tony Laughlin. Running Hondata.

I wish I had the money for a K20!!! A guy around here was trying to sell a wrecked RSX-S for $2500, but he was trying to do some kinda insurance fraud shit... I almost jumped on it, until I heard about that...

Originally posted by k-series
Just ordered the Skunk2 upper control arm and Ingalls rear camber kit.

This arrives today. I'm also having a conversation with what appears to be my first official sponsor! More details on that later.

Plans for this week - Final mounting of the Sparco seat (need to drill a few more holes in the flat bracket for the red side brackets). Continue complete tear down of the interior. Removal of all of the little plastic clips and tie downs. Removal of more uneeded metal from the rear hatch area. Lastly, final removal of the gas tank and all of the fuel lines.

I really would like to get this beast up to Orlando this weekend so I can get the cage started.

Steve

Ok, Just need to drop the gas tank, pull the motor and trans out, and get the EVO2 in and she's ready for some cagin'.

eg_precage1.jpg

eg_precage2.jpg

eg_precage3.jpg

eg_precage4.jpg

Steve

Originally posted by brian11to1@Aug 10 2005, 07:49 PM
I want to hump you...

I think... I love you... I mean your car.
[post=538583]Quoted post[/post]​

reminds me of those japanese with excessive incomes and theyre wangan supras and skylines.

im extremely jealous and happy to see someone with just an incredible build. btw, why drag and not some nasa or scca road racing? either way, its still flipping *tight*

what else u going to do with it? turbo? all-motor?

keep us updated please.

I'm building a drag racer for a few reasons:

I'm a drag racer at heart, always have been.
There are more sponsors available for drag racing.
There aren't a lot of k powered drag cars yet.
I have a pretty decent knowledge base of the sport and know a few of the racers.

I'm not against SCCA stuff, just not my bag.

It's going to be an all motor monster. Looking for 300whp+ when all is said and done.

Steve

my dream car. cant wait to see how the build turns out.
it like not being able to read the next chapter of a good book. :)

Just mounted my seat. It definitely needs some adjustment, but since I mounted it with no sliders (to high), I'll need to drill another set of holes. Not a big deal, just more work.

Steve

Dropped her off at Mazworx this afternoon. Should be ready in a week or so.

Steve

dam, that shit will make you nut ur pants....i love the k series motors especially in an EG haha what better? :D sweet work, and keep it up!!!

Back