Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

• Thread starter Thread starter Matts96HB
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 207K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wow 170 mph is reaaally fucking fast. How well did it track down the road going that fast?

Really well actually. It had no problems handling. I'm thinking of buying one for a weekend/long trips car.

It's the only car I ever drove that got hot, like the exterior radiated heat when you got out of it.

Really well actually. It had no problems handling. I'm thinking of buying one for a weekend/long trips car.

It's the only car I ever drove that got hot, like the exterior radiated heat when you got out of it.

Radiated heat? You mean because of the friction from the air?

dude TT's are awesomeness, pure sex

I used to really want a TT, but they're out of my league... for now. Although I think I'd get an E36 or E46 M3 before I got a TT. E46's are pure sex :drool:

TT's are sweet.

If you're a woman.

Even then, unless it's the 225hp, Quattro version - don't bother. Anything else is just a Golf 1.8T with a fancy hat.

Radiated heat? You mean because of the friction from the air?

Dude, I have no idea why it radiated heat. It was a white car, and it was cool when I had it parked, but after driving it hard, it was hot. Not sure why.

Yeah, quattro is the only way to go. Unfortunately they don't turbo the quattro anymore.

Oh contraire...TTS, and the up-and coming TTRS. 2.0T/ and a 3.4L 6 cyl. Also, the A3 with the 2.0T is finally available with Quattro.

/offtopic

Oh contraire...TTS, and the up-and coming TTRS. 2.0T/ and a 3.4L 6 cyl. Also, the A3 with the 2.0T is finally available with Quattro.

/offtopic

I'd like to drive a TTS. And eventually a TTRS, but I don't see the ttrs being any different than the TTS.

The a3 has had turbo and quattro for years now, get out from under your rock. I want an S3 quattro. That'd be sex.

Well, in the US the A3 with Quattro has only been available with the 3.2. Just as of 09' can we get the 2.0T and AWD.

I work for Audi, btw. ;)

Well, in the US the A3 with Quattro has only been available with the 3.2. Just as of 09' can we get the 2.0T and AWD.

I work for Audi, btw. ;)

Cool, then you can tell them that I want a 3-door s3.

Matt: How's the ek coming?

Matt: How's the ek coming?

Decent, just no time to work on it in the past couple days, busy with the holidays and work with a little school mixed in haha.

I worked on getting some more misc pieces put back on, hopefully I can post some pics soon. :ph34r:

Drained oil and pulled the pan a few minutes ago.

Theres some white colored milky shit in the oil.. fuck my life. Only a couple things it could be:
1) Assembly lube from last time I changed the bearings (highly unlikely since the stuff is grey)
2) Coolant. HG failure already? Damnit.
3) Jizz from my car randomly fucking me over and costing me more money.

So, is it option 1, 2, or 3?

ive learned that milky shit could be moisture(the milk being white)
or headgasket(the milk being a brownish white)
check the intake manifold gasket before you pull the head,it could just be coolant hetting in and being burned up and going into the oil,pull the valve cover as well,and look at the underside of it,post pix as well and i can probably help

ive learned that milky shit could be moisture(the milk being white)
or headgasket(the milk being a brownish white)
check the intake manifold gasket before you pull the head,it could just be coolant hetting in and being burned up and going into the oil,pull the valve cover as well,and look at the underside of it,post pix as well and i can probably help

I saw it dripping from up high in the motor, I pulled the oil pickup and windage tray and stuff and checked the main/ rod bearings, everything seems okay there.

It's very white when it first drips, but then of course mixes with the oil and causes it to turn a brownish color.

I poured the oil that I pulled from the car into a clear container. I'm going to let it sit and separate and see if anything comes of it, see if theres any coolant in the oil.

I'll pull the valve cover in a sec and snap some pics, see what you think Injen, thanks for the help.

Ok, I don't think its the headgasket, and here's why.

If the HG were blown, it'd be running hot, and it's not.
I think it's excessive blow by. But I'm still not sure.

Anyway, I also noticed that I forgot to put the god damn dowels back in the head when I was doing this whole thing, will that have any effect on it at all?

Edit: I ask because I have always been told that those are there to help align the head when re-installing it, and thats their only purpose. True?

Anyway, I also noticed that I forgot to put the god damn dowels back in the head when I was doing this whole thing, will that have any effect on it at all?

Edit: I ask because I have always been told that those are there to help align the head when re-installing it, and thats their only purpose. True?

Doesn't something run through those passages too? Sorry, it's been a while.

the dowels are there to align the head,so your water passage might be a little off causing just coolant to run into the clinder,thus the headgaset might not be blown,so pull the head,put te dowls in and try again,:)

Hmm.. I was pretty convinced that my ARP's would hold the head in place just fine. But, I do see your point here.. fuck, time to go pull the head.

That sucks. It shows that no matter how thorough you it's still possible to forget things sometimes. Good luck with fixing it.

Back