Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So I picked the head up :) It's in great shape. The guy I bought it from had a real Integra Type R. It was white, and very clean. He said he was parting out his other Integra (GSR) hoping to swap a K-Series in over winter.

I'm going to trade my buddy for his B16 cams (his LS-V is turbo'd, GSR's are better for boost of course :) )

Chaz- I was thinking something like that. I really wouldn't mind a coupe though, or even a CRX. Hell, as long as it gets 30-35 mpg's I'll be happy. That's what this build is going to be centered around, efficiency and reliability.

Injen- Ahh, don't hate.. lol

Anyway, pics coming tomorrow including the current state of my hatchy.. needing a HG :( and the weather is getting shittier every day, damn it!

So I picked the head up :) It's in great shape. The guy I bought it from had a real Integra Type R. It was white, and very clean. He said he was parting out his other Integra (GSR) hoping to swap a K-Series in over winter.

I'm going to trade my buddy for his B16 cams (his LS-V is turbo'd, GSR's are better for boost of course :) )

Chaz- I was thinking something like that. I really wouldn't mind a coupe though, or even a CRX. Hell, as long as it gets 30-35 mpg's I'll be happy. That's what this build is going to be centered around, efficiency and reliability.

Injen- Ahh, don't hate.. lol

Anyway, pics coming tomorrow including the current state of my hatchy.. needing a HG :( and the weather is getting shittier every day, damn it!

I'm liking the idea of a CRX. That'd be a FUN daily.

I'm liking the idea of a CRX. That'd be a FUN daily.

It would, I've been looking around..

I found an EF hatch for $400 it needs an ignition wired (retard has a pushbutton in it) and it needs some TLC on the exterior. Might be picking that up next week-ish.

Pics of the stuff for the LSVTAKKKKK

Block- $100
100_0865.jpg

100_0866.jpg

100_0867.jpg

No crank, I sold that to Jeff because he spun a rod bearing.

Head.. $350
100_0868.jpg

100_0869.jpg

100_0870.jpg

WIN!

lsvtec for $450 is a pretty sweet deal. Im sure it will be more money once its all said and done, but it is a great start. What shape is the head in?

damn man.looks good,keep the updates
will do mang
lsvtec for $450 is a pretty sweet deal. Im sure it will be more money once its all said and done, but it is a great start. What shape is the head in?
yeah im thining around 1,500-2k when its all said and done... maybe even swapped in the car for that amount..

the head is in excellent shape. it looks like its got about 60k miles on it.
hell yeah starting on another porject lol
lol yep, i couldnt pass these deals up
Gonna be time for another build thread here soon.
lol yep, considering I'm probably picking an ef sedan or hatch up on friday :)

Nice. So after that car you gonna swap a b18 in an eg hatch too? lol

Well, I'm not really too sure what is going on right now. The EF's I was looking at sort of fell through, and I do know of a running and decent shape 92 accord for $500, so I might be looking into that. I just need something instead of the Volvo, it's not going to make it through the winter and it's not worth much so I figured I'll just donate it and let the rents write it off ($500)..

But anyway, I'll have a built LS-T hatch, and probably a nice OEM build on the LSVTEC, who knows what I'll do with that. I'm still looking around for shells.

its lloking good matt and my buddy has a ef here it needs a motor so basically its a shell if interested i will ask him if he wants to sell it.

Man you can have my civic. that turd spun a rod bearing in the y8 I swapped in 5 months ago. Just kidding. I wish I could get rid of it.

its lloking good matt and my buddy has a ef here it needs a motor so basically its a shell if interested i will ask him if he wants to sell it.
Thanks man, well you're in Louisiana but if I could figure something out that might be a deal..
Man you can have my civic. that turd spun a rod bearing in the y8 I swapped in 5 months ago. Just kidding. I wish I could get rid of it.
lol bring it on over ill build it up ;)

Oh and an update:

Hatch is going back together right now. I need fluids and an oil pan gasket and I should be good to go. Got the Cometic MLS HG on there yesterday, and got the bottom end retorqued. I need a decent looking VC but I'm scared to paint mine because I keep taking it off :(

Put fluids in it, finished up the misc stuff, and fired it up.

Started on the first crank, ahh I love having a powerful turn key car. :)

Awesome man. Now if you could only find your way to the other side of your shop, on the very top shelf and get that stuff for that stupid Florida guy that would be great. haha

Seriously though man, awesome job! I'm glad it fired up. Keep us updated.

If you didn't live in Washington I would take you up on that offer for sure. It should be getting a semi built mini me put together in the next couple weeks.

Oh and an update:

Hatch is going back together right now. I need fluids and an oil pan gasket and I should be good to go. Got the Cometic MLS HG on there yesterday, and got the bottom end retorqued. I need a decent looking VC but I'm scared to paint mine because I keep taking it off :(
did you rmember the dowels!!!!goodjob,and for the vc,talk to that whistler guy,he powdercoats.and it wont matter ow man times you take it off,just be careful,ive put 1 ding in m spray paintd cover,and that was because i was pissed and just slammd it around

Back