Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What are you missing in order to finish your build, Matt and how much longer do you think it will be before it is fully done?

Haha, alright alright. I'm going out to work on it now.

Oh and BTW, I picked up another B18b block last night :D more on that later

Opened up that B18b last night. It was used in an LSVTEC build, so it had a VTEC pump on it, meaning it had the CKF on it, I think thats what it is at least :p But anyway, it looks great. Minimal bearing wear. I picked the complete bottom up for $100. I think I scored.

Anyway, yeah I think I'm going to clean the bottom/head up today and then go ahead and finish my wiring tuck as I planned, since the car was running flawless before, I'm confident all the sensors and shit are right..

Opened up that B18b last night. It was used in an LSVTEC build, so it had a VTEC pump on it, meaning it had the CKF on it, I think thats what it is at least :p But anyway, it looks great. Minimal bearing wear. I picked the complete bottom up for $100. I think I scored.
Yea, just the VTEC pump would run you almost that.

what are you buying all this shit for thought your build was about done.... what trick do you have up your sleeve you sneaky sneaky dog

:werd: And this Friday I am picking up a head for this other block.. any guesses? :ph34r:
yea for me being such a nice guy,your going to build me an ls/vtec,and bring it here and put it in my car,and in turn ill give you my ls,and you will then go about with your plans:ph34r:

what are you buying all this shit for thought your build was about done.... what trick do you have up your sleeve you sneaky sneaky dog
Oh you guys will just have to wait and see :D
yea for me being such a nice guy,your going to build me an ls/vtec,and bring it here and put it in my car,and in turn ill give you my ls,and you will then go about with your plans:ph34r:
Haha, who said anything about VTEC? :ph34r:

Better yet, who said anything about your car? :huh: lol

Haha no but there will be updates on said spare motor here pretty soon, and prolly another build thread :ph34r:

Nope, I have confidence in the motor in the car.

I'm building a motor for another car, something of the DD sorts.

I'm curious to see what your plans are. You don't even have another shell do you?

Yes you will definetly need those dowels. The ARP headstuds will keep the head down snugly on the block, but it is the job of the dowels to keep the head from moving ever so slightly from side to side.Without the dowels the head can shift slightly and your head gasket will leak. Pull the head and install the dowels with a new headgasket and you should be ok.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see what your plans are. You don't even have another shell do you?
Not yet, but I've got my eye on one. :)
Yes you will definetly need those dowels. The ARP headstuds will keep the head down snugly on the block, but it is the job of the dowels to keep the head from moving ever so slightly from side to side.Without the dowels the head can shift slightly and your head gasket will leak. Pull the head and install the dowels with a new headgasket and you should be ok.

Thanks man, thats what I'm in the process of doing right now. Just waiting for my Cometic to get here. Boo! :ph34r:

boys got more money than he knows what to do with shit wanna build my car matt lol jk

Going to pick up that GSR head here in a few.. Project DD is officially underway :D

Back