Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks man, its not even cut n buffed yet :ph34r: so hopefully it will look even better after that and some painted bumpers lol

Thought you got that out of the way already lol.
What kind of compounds are you using, 3M rubbing compound for cutting and some good polish for that shine lol??

If you havnt bought any yet pm me I can turn you onto some pretty good stuff, I detail cars so I know what I'm talking about... atleast a little bit lol.

Thought you got that out of the way already lol.
What kind of compounds are you using, 3M rubbing compound for cutting and some good polish for that shine lol??

If you havnt bought any yet pm me I can turn you onto some pretty good stuff, I detail cars so I know what I'm talking about... atleast a little bit lol.
Yeah 3m Machine Glaze and Heavy Cut compound.. I just dont have the patience for cutting and buffing, ive already sanded so much that I reeally dont wanna put in the effort. and I'd like to see good results so I figured a shop would be best? lol
I would do the same. Keep your nice car nice.
Yeah thats what I plan on doing.

Yeah 3m Machine Glaze and Heavy Cut compound.. I just dont have the patience for cutting and buffing, ive already sanded so much that I reeally dont wanna put in the effort. and I'd like to see good results so I figured a shop would be best? lol

Yeah thats what I plan on doing.

Sanding and buffing is the pudd part. Getting a body as straight as yours is the hard part, especially when going black.

lol my bro has the same exact car,except his is auto.same intrior,same color

We just replaced the clutch, third gear synchro, axle seals, brakes, sunroof, etc. It needed some work lol, work I did not notice when he bought it..

Picked up a set of mint GSR Fat Fives today. Paint in process. I'll post pics when I'm done. I love these wheels, stoked to see them on the Civic!

Bump for new to me GSR front seats.. Getting them re-covered, then in the car along with the fat fives.. I am gonna love the way this thing looks. :)

I'm moving to Spokane. That way I'll have someone to talk to face to face about all of this. :D Nice job, Matt. :thumbsup:

matt wow i was in your garage yesterday and i decided that your car is gay... and looks like dog shit...... i make it flurry nukka....

Almost forgot, pics up soon of the engine bay I painted for my buddy and also my gunmetal fat fives :)

Bay that I just finished up last night, my buddy's 92 hatch
100_1362.jpg

Shaved
100_1361.jpg

100_1363.jpg

Fat Fives - was gonna go gold/bronze but decided to stick with the tried n true gunmetal. Primed, based, cleared, not single stage. Somewhat dirty already from overspray from my buddy's car. Fail.
100_1366.jpg

100_1367-1.jpg

Is that foil I see? The bay looks good mang, and clay block will take the shit right off those wheels.

Yessir, its part of the masking haha. You'd be surprised at how well it works for larger stuff. Easier than taping everything, plus most of the stuff seen is going to be recovered, so we figured we could be a little lazy :ph34r:

Yea I'm gonnna cut and buff them and see what they look like.. damn overspray

I was going to buy a set of mint fat fives from a local guy but I low balled him thinking I was so clever and they sold. I'm pissed now.:(

Also Matt, were you taught to paint or self-taught?

I was going to buy a set of mint fat fives from a local guy but I low balled him thinking I was so clever and they sold. I'm pissed now.:(

Also Matt, were you taught to paint or self-taught?

Yeah I picked mine up for $300, and they're mint. I think I did ok.

Pretty much self taught with some help from my dad..

Back