My 2016 Fiesta ST

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't know I think it would look good with nice aftermarket wheels, and how are you going to steal it when it doesn't even have a key, I only have key fobs and when I walk away from the car 25 feet automatically locks, and has a very nice factory alarm, and I live in a nice part of town and park in a private fenced-in lot during the day

Last edited:
I'm not trying to nitpick, but didn't they have wheel options that you liked? And what do you consider "better"?

Lol I didnt get to pick the wheels , but I was thinking xxr mesh wheels or gunmetal rpf1s
Screenshot_2015-12-03-21-54-54.png
Screenshot_2015-12-03-21-55-22.png

So how many times have you put it in "1st" and ended up backing up?

retarded place to put reverse IMO lol.

nice car though. I'd drive one. throw on some 10mm wheel spacers and be done.
That was a dumb question IMO... like people would have made fun of me for asking that .... like really a 6 speed gearbox is early 90s stuff man and all have some sort of reverse lock out , and most car manufacturers literally like up to 1970 especially Chevrolet had reverse on the driver side, also had reverse lockout

Last edited:
Pull the hood, add Garden Lip, stickers in back window, catback, aftermarket beat up subwoofer that's banged around in 3 or 4 other vehicles, mount amp under driver seat with sheet metal screws, wires under new carpet, cheap push on splices, break a few dash panels gaining access for wiring....

Oh, almost forgot - cheap afternarket window tint that gets scratched up on side windows and bubbles up real nice on the hatch. And a Pep Boys cold air intake with Wannabe K&N filter clone. Shitty auto parts store house brand aftermarket head unit.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Good job hoss! Job must be going well for you.
I actually just now read the bottom part lol and yes thank you the job has been great and has been a blessing more than you will ever know, also no way and no way can I ever go back 2 daily driving a 20 year old clapped out modified import, the biggest thing on buy a new car was I was completely sick and tired of working on stuff... It's got ten year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and a five-year dealer bumper to bumper, if it fucks up I want to be able to drop it off at the dealer and be like it made a noise and then it stopped fix it I've had appointment 20 minutes ago and it's your fault I'm late, jk I wouldn't be that guy but I am sick and tired completely of working on shit because if I want to work on something I have a 79 civic in the garage that loves attention

Last edited:
So how many times have you put it in "1st" and ended up backing up?

retarded place to put reverse IMO lol.

nice car though. I'd drive one. throw on some 10mm wheel spacers and be done.
every other car besides subie is like this.
vw
audi
bmw
even my hyundai

get used to it :)

never missed it. down/out, push and over, its not a direct throw to first

Put the shifter forward to go forward. Put the shifter back to go back. Makes more sense that way. And subie isn't the only mfg to do it. Honda/Acura 6 speeds are like subie. And like 99% of 5 speeds of any mfg have the reverse over behind 5th gear.

If the reverse on a 6speed was down to the left of 2nd gear, it would make more sense. Putting shifter back to go back.

It's like switching the gas and clutch pedal. Sure you can do it and adjust to it, but why?

edit: nissan uses the subie/honda/acura shift pattern as well on 6 speeds.

Last edited:
internally, placing the reverse gear by 1st is far more logical from an internal design structure. it's physically a larger gear and it makes sense from a physics point of view. you don't put a 45 plate, then a 5lb, then another 45 at the gym. you put 2 45's and then the 5.

it's also FAR more likely that you will go from 1st to R or R to 1st than R to 5th/6th when backing up/parking so it's actually a better UX design.

it's also far safer to bang R from 1st instead of 5th/6th should someone think it has another gear that it really doesn't.

internal gear location has almost nothing to do with shift pattern. have you seen inside a suby transmission? 1st gear is right next to reverse on the input shaft, but they are on totally opposite ends of the shifter location. also reverse is not "physically larger". it's usually similar gearing as 1st.

your argument for going straight from R-1 or 1-R also gives more weight to having R down next to 2nd gear. then it's a straight shot to the next gear in one motion, rather than going down and back up (synonymous with a 1-3 or 2-4 shift).

I stand by my opinion. shifter forward to go forward, shifter back to go back, anything else is stupid.

Well somebody has not seen the inside of a manual gearbox lately lol any rate it's a six speed and reverse is on the driver side and I will never accidentally put it in reverse instead of first, hit 200 miles in this bad boy today , everyone should go buy a new car now I feel like I deprived myself for way too long

This is what I was saying a LOOONNNGGGGG time ago. Why fuck around with trading one piece of shit for another? Once you get the taste for good stuff, you won't want to mess with garbage anymore. You could have been trading up with each deal. You think it's great having a new Fiesta with stuff that you don't have to fix and loaded options that work like heat...and air conditioning. Just wait until you actually own something like a BMW. lol

where did whirly ball controllers go wrong....

I also just realized this was a fiesta, despite the title and pictures. lol all this time my head was stuck in focus ST mode

yeah, pretty much all ford cars look the same now, so it's understandable. lol

don't get me wrong, it's a good look. but the fiesta looks like the focus looks like the fusion looks like the taurus looks like the mustang. even the edge and explorer share a lot of similarities in the front end. i was trying to find a pic of all of the models lined up but a 30 sec google search proved unsuccessful.

dillbeck should trade the fiesta on a lightly used 2016 focus RS in 2017 after the value takes a hit.

Back