My forum rant of the day...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

I am so tired of reading the classifieds section and having no idea of where the seller is from. Shipping can be expensive. In some instances, a pre-purchase inspection would be wise. So can filling in the Location fields in our profiles be mandatory? Would it be that bad for everyone to have their home state under their name? States are big enough to protect our privacy. It's not like I am asking for everyone's hometown or city to be listed.

Team-Integra asked me to put in my location as part of the registration process, I also had to do a lot of reading of faq pages too. I think that making a rule in classifieds for the sellers listing their locations will be hard to enforce as some are only newbs passing through. In addition, just reading the ads and then waiting for the sellers to comply is still a waste of our time and the mods.

Thanks for reading this.

</rant>

I dont believe IPB allows us to mandate that...I looked and couldnt find that option...Ill try looking again when I free up some time...

That would be a nice option... and as for the newbies a email message or PM could be sent and until they change their profile their account is locked or suspended? I dont know. but I agree 94RedSiGal.

Overall, I really like this forum. My only other request would be for there to be a link to the HondaSwap chatroom somewhere on the Members Lounge page. Being on the homepage is incovenient and is more available to strangers passing through... rather than the regular core members here.

while i agree it can be a good idea, it is also a breach of a user's privacy if he or she so desires to keep that hidden, and has no desire to ever sell anything here.

Correct, but most boards that display a location allow the user to enter whatever they want to show... most say "Austin, TX" or something, but lots will just leave it blank or fill in "j0 m0mma'z bed," "smokin' j0 chix taco" or another string equally harmless.

:lol:

You don't violate privacy that way.

Then set up the classifieds to start listing the locations on a sticky....put the location in the first post....Ie..

F/S Mugen CF-48's, 13"X5.5", Black senter, polished lip, CT area.
F/S 91 Accord...fresh engine..CT area
WTB Watanabe 14"X7" rims for Toyota AE86, CT area.

it's not that hard to do....

no location in the first post, or in the desciption, then it gets deleted........

Damn...when you going to make me a mod...I could have a field day doing this stuff.

I was just over at the forum for the 90-93 tegs, and in their classifieds, all the titles of thosee posts start off with the location of the seller.

For example: MA: misc civic parts

Back