Need good Exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Circuit

My stock muffler just fell off, so I think it's time to get a good performance exhaust. I want one that is street legal and that will give me a good hp while still being street legal. Right now I have a B18B engine and am putting a turbo on in a couple of months. Right now I'm looking at the greddy evo exhaust which is suppost to give the best power to noise, but I don't know if that will be the best choice. Help :worthy:

why apexi world sport? :unsure:

I was reading up on exhausts and apperantly you NEED a 3" exhaust if you're going to turbo. I don't know if this is true though if I get the greddy turbo because it's smaller then other turbos so it would be CARB legal... None the less... sound level is a big issue, I don't want a headache when I drive around. :lol: Anyone know if I really need a 3" exhaust for the greddy turbo or if the greddy evo exhaust would be good enough?

Exhaust | Noise level | Flow capacity
Chambered (OEM) | low | low
Chambered (aftermarket) | low | med
Straight-through (larger muffler) | med | high
Straight-through (N1) | high | high
Twin-pass | low | high

Apperantly the best option for low noise level and high flow capacity would be the Twin-pass design and down from there the straight-through design (larger muffler).

as far as the pipe size is concerned, the 3" would be a good size if I do forced induction that reaches over 275whp, which it will after I'm done with it.

so from that, I know I need a Twin-pass exhaust with 3" pipe... now to find such a creature! :peace:

For a turbo application the bigger the exhaust the better..... within reason. You definitely wouldn't wan tto go any smaller then 2.5", but I would go with 3".

def get the thermal 3 inch i had the apexi n1 on my hatch and made 285whp and when i put the thermal 3 inch on i made 331whp. just goes to show you how much the size of the exhaust helps on turbo applications

Originally posted by Circuit@Oct 30 2003, 04:36 PM
why apexi world sport? :unsure:

I was reading up on exhausts and apperantly you NEED a 3" exhaust if you're going to turbo. I don't know if this is true though if I get the greddy turbo because it's smaller then other turbos so it would be CARB legal... None the less... sound level is a big issue, I don't want a headache when I drive around. :lol: Anyone know if I really need a 3" exhaust for the greddy turbo or if the greddy evo exhaust would be good enough?

THERMAL CLASSIC 3inch TURBO SYSTEM!!

Back