oem vs. aftermarket connecting rod bearings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im just wondering which would be good.. a oem connecting rod bearing or a aftermarket connecting rod bearing (napa)???? or if i get the aftermarket ones, do ya think it will last long???? or just stick to oem....?? thanks!!

Ok, if you want to go aftermarket, make sure they are GOOD aftermarket bearings. ACL seems to have good ratings, but from my experience, do not cheap out on the rod bearings. I had one engine with crappy aftermarket bearings I think they were sealed power or some crap, either way, they lasted about 4000 miles, then it started knocking. Go OEM if you want it to last, make sure you read all the markings on the rods and the crank so you get the correct color bearings.

Dave

If you are using the same crank and rods and just changing the bearings use the correct oem bearings to get the right clearances. ACL bearings are good bearings but they only come in one size, the equivalent to greens for honda. And if you want to do it right you should use plastigage to get the correct bearings and clearances for that rod or crank journal.

Back