Ok, I Lied....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EFtypeR

I set the TPS to .5 when idle, and the CEL is still on, but by moving the TPS, my car idles normal. But every 5 minutes or so, the CEL goes out, and if I am at idle, the car dies. If I am under throttle, the car lags for a moment, then surges, and the cel comes back on. The 2 codes I am getting are 7 and 9. I was originally getting a 9, but I found a bad crimp at the sensor at the dist. I had to totally rewire my Dist, since the DX one only had 5 wires, different colors, and the B one had 7. After I fixed the bad crimp, the #9 CEL went away, but when I "fixed" the TPS, and set it at .5V at idle, remember I had to use a 91 B18 TPS, since my was broken when I recieved the engine, and now I am getting a 9 and 7, and it still does the same thing. I don't think it's the Dist, but has anyone had a CEL with a TPS and Crank Pos CEL?. I am getting frusterated, the car is running rich because of the CEL, and it keeps cutting out at lights. could the JDM TPS be different from the USDM one? I have fixed every other thing but this, and I need to finish so I can get on with my life. I have finals all next week, and I need to devote the time to my studies. Thanks for all your help guys, i will post some picts when i have the time, you will be shocked when you see my ride.... Thanks again, Jim

OK, I resources my need, and I found an obscure japanese website about Honda swaps and after waiting about 5 minutes for each post, I was able to resolve my issues! NO MORE CEL!!!!!! The car runs sweet now, very similar to my GSR, but revs quicker and seems more ballsy(the GSR was a 2600 lb pig). The Xact flywheel makes a noticable improvement on the engine. Has anyone else noticed with the HASport linkage, the stock shifter is as sloppy as a MAC Diesel rig? I have to hit my seat to get it into 2nd, and the pass seat for reverse. I went ahaed and got a short shifter, and now it seems just slightly longer than normal, but very managable. The S1 tranny has such short gears, I am at 4500 rpm at 80 MPH! My 02 Accord is soooo much lower, it will take some getting used to. Thanks again guys for all your help, pictures are coming..... Jim

Back