Pics of yourself...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

windows may be built for idiots (xp in particular) but i feel it's much more functional than any OS that apple has ever made. no doubt mac os's are stable, but keep in mind that they make both the hardware and the software, which means that they fit perfectly together. i'd bet that if microsoft made complete systems they'd blow away macs. i just think that everything about mac os's are more built for lookin' good. basicly.... fashion before function. all the fading and morphing and the taskbar or whatever at the bottom of mac os X looks friggen cool, but it's shit. anyways, i'm just a windows guy with my .02

EDIT: how the fuck did this turn into a post 'bout fuckin' computers...we're nerds... god damn.

My moms new computer is Gateway with a p4 1.4 256ddr .. but that doesn't make it any good.. the fact of the matter is its a Gateway.. a company i hate with a passion.

pc800 is also known as rambus. 800 mhz is the bus speed of the ram. like pc133, ddr (double data rate) is pc266 (133 x 2) and now there is a somewhat new ddr ram that's pc333. even though the p4's only have a 400 mhz bus speed, they make motherboards and ram with 800 mhz bus speeds, so that when the processors finally get up there, you won't be slowin' them down with a slower bus speed of the ram or motherboard.

EDIT: c'mon brian... you're a dork, you should know this chit.

all the DDr ram i've seen is like 1700-2300

thats why i was asking about pc800

AMD so owns intel the P4 sucks
it's slow as shit.
Take a 2.8Ghz P4 or whatever they are running
and put it up against a AMD 1.5GHz and it'll blow it away

s3dd18a8917dc4.jpg

there is my ugly mug some time last year, spinnin at an open mic night. Its wierd cause its an old pic, and i looked goofy as hell last year. How times change.

Have any of you guys that are spouting the OSX bs ever actually had to use or administor a machine running OSX for other users? It is fucking lame. The GUI looks worse then the XP GUI. You have to keep and OS9 emulator open to run half the utilities. They did a piss poor job of implementing the permissions setup from UNIX. They didn't give you a way to limit what a user can have root permissions over, they are either in the administrators group or they are not.

Originally posted by DjMcPhatty@Nov 13 2002, 01:00 PM
s3dd18a8917dc4.jpg

there is my ugly mug some time last year, spinnin at an open mic night. Its wierd cause its an old pic, and i looked goofy as hell last year. How times change.

what do u spin?

well between my car and my dj equipment, i can't afford anything great (in the process of saving for some 1200's) but anywayz i have 2 Gemini PT-2100's (Direct Drive, and they work nice) Shure SC35C cartridges, and a Gemini UMX - 9 mixer (my last Numark mixer's crossfader just kept goin out, so after replacing it 2 times, and it messed up again i just bought the gemini one for real cheap while i save for something better like a vestax). I just recently got some oddessey cases, so if anyone wants the coffin i have in the picture im willing to sell it cheap.

on the parts trader i saw 1200's and a vestex mixer and case's and for like 700 dollars that fuckin cheap

i have shitty belt drive numark t1300 or some shit like that and a beringer mixer. pretty plain. i spin trance and house.

OSX is dope as phuck, i think it is way better than, OS9. I think that the GUI is one of the best parts, i admit that it is bloated and it could be faster, but man i have not crahsed once since i have installed it, and that was back in May of this year. Now that OSX has been out for a while i never have to boot classic mode (OS9 Emulator). I think I have one classic program that I am waiting to be converted into a X app. I was seriously thinking about going all PC until OSX came out, and then I scrapped that idea.

No comment on computer setups- let's just say that mine has a lot of water running through it.

No comment on being picky with girls- I'm very picky and am very happy. :D

Pics- there's pics of me on the board somewhere..

Back